Speed up "Preparing boards"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardFerraro

Arduino 1.6.10 /TeensyDuino 1.30-beta takes forever "Preparing boards..."

I only use the Teensy.

What can I do to speed up the Arduino opening sequence?

thanks,

Richard

Which boards are listed in your IDE? I currently have two sections in the list. One for Teensy 2.0 up to 3.6 and the other is the Arduino section with boards from Arduino Yun to Arduino Gemma. At one time I installed Arduino Zero (which added three items to the list) just to help with a question on the Arduino forums. I was going to leave them installed but then found that they significantly increase the load time of the IDE. Once I removed those three, the boards section loads a lot faster.

Pete

Did you remove them using the board manager or editing boards.txt? I had trouble getting rid of the Zero. It showed up in the IDE but it wasn't in boards.txt. Even after I had done a fresh install (from ZIP) of Arduino and Teensyduino the Zero was still there. Only using boards manager got rid of it.

Pete

Thanks,
I removed them in boards.txt.
I do see a number of Boards in Boards Manager.
Only Arduino AVR Boards Built-in says INSTALLED.
I see the 32-bits ARM Cortex-M3 (which I want
and then Cortex-M0+, Intel i586, i686, Curie, AVR Xplained, littleBits, Windows 10 Iot Core, Arrow Boards, EMORO 2560, AMEL-Tech.

How do I get rid of them using Boards Manager. I see no "De-install" or "Remove" option ?

thanks,

Richard

Heh, that stumped me too and I had to ask before I got rid of the Zero. In Boards Manager, select "More Info" for the board(s) you want to remove. A "remove" button should then show up in the bottom right of that part of the dialog.

Pete

The boards do not say INSTALLED.
When I click More Info, it opens up a web page to the Arduino home.
Perhaps they are not installed.

My compiles seem very slow as well.

I should update again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back