3.6 Kickstarter, I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda like the PJRC kickstarter as being one of few that isn't trying to upsell us a shirt in place of a product they haven't designed yet. And suspecting PJRC did the math on selling maybe a couple of hundred shirts vs the costs of designing, ordering, storing and shipping and decided to leave it kickstarters selling things that are not 'teensy'.

Course having said all that brain is now saying that a Teensy shirt should use the reference card art (rear of PCB image of course goes on back of the shirt...), small gets Teensy1.0, M gets Teensy LC, L gets Teensy3.2 and XL gets Teensy 3.6.

LOL. I tried to translate "schwag".. and found:
"Top Definition. schwag. adj. Term used to describe low grade marijuana. [..]"
:cool:

We intentionally set the goal low, so we wouldn't spend much time stressing about whether it'd be reached.

The main thing I'm watching is the number of backers. Teensy 3.0 in 2012 had 1567 backers, for comparison. I'm hoping we get to at least that many again. ;)
You should hit that real soon now as I see you are now up to: 1562 backers :D with about $95.5K

Going Great!

I kinda like the PJRC kickstarter as being one of few that isn't trying to upsell us a shirt in place of a product they haven't designed yet. And suspecting PJRC did the math on selling maybe a couple of hundred shirts vs the costs of designing, ordering, storing and shipping and decided to leave it kickstarters selling things that are not 'teensy'.

Course having said all that brain is now saying that a Teensy shirt should use the reference card art (rear of PCB image of course goes on back of the shirt...), small gets Teensy1.0, M gets Teensy LC, L gets Teensy3.2 and XL gets Teensy 3.6.

It would be cool (and by cool I mean geeky) to have all the pinout diagrams on a t-shirt. http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/pinout.html

card7a_rev1.png

But that could be sold on the pjrc site...

Paul remains the champion in terms of shipping his KS project (Teensy 3.0) nearly on time. He posted that all of the Teensies that were paid for or didn't have other problems were shipped on October 23rd 2012, and my pledge says that it was for an October 2012 delivery. So, even if it was a few days late, it was on time in my eyes.

One of the first KS projects I backed (an Arduino controlled camera remote shutter release called Triggertrap) was just days short of being 1 year late. And TT made just about every common KS hangup (not having the final design done before doing KS -- check; never having to deal with scaling issues when doing builds -- check; dealing with a foreign company across the world to build with nobody on site -- check; designing using parts that aren't available any more at the factory -- check; having a day job that has its own stresses -- check, claiming your product is compatible with various other products without actually checking if they are -- check; not realizing how Chinese New Year can affect production schedules -- check; etc.) Of course, I do have to thank TT, that since their product was so late, it caused me to get an Arduino and learn the essentials so I could build the equivalent myself.

Each of the digisparks that I backed were late, and various tales of woe. The last one was only 3 months late for most users, but I happened to pick a rewards package (with the lipo charger) that needed to be redone, and the package was 6 months late. By the time they finally got here, I had moved on.

And then there is pine64, which has numerous problems.

And in terms of tee-shirt, I really don't get the appeal. But then I don't tend to do manufacturer based logo-ware.

For example, I never use the manufacturer's camera straps on my cameras. If Olympus wants me to promote their cameras via straps that proclaim, it is an Olympus, they can pay me to wear it.

@MichaelMeissner I think of tee-shirts as clothing, and I want one.

Give me a teensy tee-shirt now. in XL

A quick dumb question, KS says 25 ADC ins.

I counted 21 Ax pins and A10 & A11 on pads underneath.

Are there another 2??

Tremendous achievement PJRC!

Regards,
JPS

Yes, there's 2 more on the bottom. Must confess, I haven't used them yet. One of so many things to do in the next couple weeks.

There's a slim chance we might ship rewards in the last week of September....

Yes, there's 2 more on the bottom. Must confess, I haven't used them yet. One of so many things to do in the next couple weeks.

There's a slim chance we might ship rewards in the last week of September....
I am pretty sure I asked this awhile ago on other thread, but will repeat:

I am pretty sure the 2 pads on the bottom are on pins, 49(ADC1_SE10) and 50(ADC1_SE11), I was going to add them (note: not on Beta 1 boards).

The question I had/have is desired analog pin numbers. That is the analog pin numbers currently are:
Code:
.static const uint8_t channel2sc1a[] = {
	5, 14, 8, 9, 13, 12, 6, 7, 15, 4, // A0-A9
	3, 19+128,                        // A10-A11
// A10  ADC1_DP0/ADC0_DP3
// A11  ADC1_DM0/ADC0_DM3
	14+128, 15+128, 17, 18, 4+128, 5+128, 6+128, 7+128, 17+128,  // A12-A20
// A12  PTB10  ADC1_SE14
// A13  PTB11  ADC1_SE15
// A14  PTE24  ADC0_SE17
// A15  PTE25  ADC0_SE18
// A16  PTC8   ADC1_SE4b
// A17  PTC9   ADC1_SE5b
// A18  PTC10  ADC1_SE6b
// A19  PTC11  ADC1_SE7b
// A20  PTA17  ADC1_SE17
	23, 23+128, 26, 18+128  // A21-A22, temp sensor, vref
// A21  DAC0  ADC0_SE23
// A22  DAC1  ADC1_SE23
};

The Easiest is to add them as A25, A26, but my gut tells me to add them as A21, A22, and move
Temp, Vref, DAC0 and DAC1 down two, but that would break some existing test code.

Desires?

As I understand the Kickstarter funding will also be used to write or update some libraries (e.g. native Ethernet, SDIO, maybe existing libraries)? Paul, can you give some insight in which licensing model you will use? Because I can imagine Teensy will be used in commercial prototypes or small runs, I think a permissive MIT style would be preferential?

Paul, can you give some insight in which licensing model you will use?

I generally use MIT on libraries where I've created the code from scratch.

Obviously when I contribute to an existing library that's GPL, the GPL applies. USB Host Shield is the notable example for these new peripherals. I might continue working on my stand alone test code (which currently only initializes the hardware), but I'm not feeling like reinventing such a large wheel is a good plan.

And in terms of tee-shirt, I really don't get the appeal. But then I don't tend to do manufacturer based logo-ware.

For example, I never use the manufacturer's camera straps on my cameras. If Olympus wants me to promote their cameras via straps that proclaim, it is an Olympus, they can pay me to wear it.

A Teensy t-shirt should have some humor, not just be a dry advertisement or logo. Anyone have a suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back