Teensy loader for Raspberry Pi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to actually compile the Arduino sketch on a PC or Mac. Sorry, there isn't any working support to compile using Arduino actually running on Raspberry Pi.

Once you've compiled (eg, click "Verify" in Arduino), you can copy the .hex file to your Rapsberry Pi. You can run Teensy Loader on Rapsberry Pi to actually program it onto your Teensy.

is this still the status?

any plans to make something that can work with Arduino IDE on the Pi ?

any plans to make something that can work with Arduino IDE on the Pi ?

We're still waiting on Arduino to properly support Raspberry Pi. Much progress has been made recently. I contributed to one part, here:

https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/issues/105

My hope is to be able to create a full release of Teensyduino for Raspberry Pi when Arduino creates their release. Please understand this order is important. Arduino must publish for Raspberry Pi first. It must be on the Arduino site, not the modified copies from Debian!

I'm planning to support Raspberry Pi and other ARM-based Linux when/if Arduino makes a proper release with Linux ARM support. If they haven't made another official release by the end of July, I might grab one of their nightly builds and support that until they make a proper release.

As always, I try to publish a beta within a day or two of any Arduino release, and finalize it within a couple weeks. Sometimes that process takes longer.

I'm also considering starting Teensyduino 1.29 betas much sooner than usual... so people can give the new USB features a try more easily.

Programing with Pi 2

20160504_150151_resized_1.jpg

I can get drag and drop to work but cannot directly enter a file name.

On an Ubuntu (gnome) system, the file open dialog box has a little pencil icon. When clicked, it allows directly typing the filename.

pencil.png

Obviously your Raspberry Pi is running some other desktop system. This is one of the many issues of supporting Linux... the GUI varies wildly, so I simply can't tell you exactly what to click. Teensy Loader is using the system-provided file open dialog box, which is why yours looks so different.

I really only use Ubuntu LTS releases, so I simply do not know these small details for the many other Linux distros. Perhaps ask on a Raspberry Pi forum (and link to this message) for how to do the same on the Pi's file open dialog box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back