Data logging Audio board Metrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsalloneword

Hello,
Is it possible to both read and write simultaneously to the SD card on the Teensy audio board. I am using a Teensy 3.2 with an Audio board and hope to track the data of number of plays of each track whilst the device is in an installation.

The teensy + Audio board will play 10 available tracks and on a button press the user can skip to the next track. I would like to log/track ,in the form of a txt file, every time each track is selected. I am unsure if the SD library can be used to simultaneously read and write. I have looked at the 'record' example from the Audio library tutorials and it seems possible if I changed it from recording a sound file to recording a txt file. However, I do not want to delete the file every time time a new track is selected and the data written out. I want to add to the same txt file been compiled throughout the installation. Again, this seems possible with editing the code. My question is will the SD card have the memory and capability to cope with this data transfer over at least a 24 hour period? Is there a better solution to this problem. FYI the Teensy and Audio board will be running off a battery source not plugged in via usb.

Thank you.

That seems to be doable. But i did not understand where you need simultanous read/write ?
Just write before you start playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back