Wireless audio stream using teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adarsha

Hi all,

I have bought a teensy 3.2 as well as an audio shield. Now I want to stream audio data wireless to multiple devices using any modules such as RF/wifi etc..
I came across ESP8266 add on for audio. But I am not sure whether it will work for audio streaming. Or is there any alternative modules for wireless audio streaming in real time. I tried using bluetooth, but it has a limitation of not able to stream simultaneously to more than one device.
Please provide any suggestions....

Thanks & regards-
Adarsha K

I did something like this, but as internet-radio. I needed addidional RAM for buffering and used the memoryboard. Perhaps, in a LAN, it may be possible without additional buffer. On the other side, my audio-data were compressed (mp3/aac) and need less bandwith than uncompressed audio.

Thank you for the reply :). I am also trying to transmit audio wirelessly to multiple devices simultaneously.
Were you using ESP8266? or other module for wifi along with teensy?.
-Thanks and regards

It was a esp8266, serial speed 2Mbit/s and hardware-handshake.
But, as said, receive only. Decoded the MP3-streams in software.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply :)
Have the following questions.
How many devices were able to receive audio stream?
What was the DAC at receiver end ?
And did you use esp8266 with teensy at the transmitter end?
Did it require any encoder at the transmitter end?
-Regards

It was receive only. From a internet-radio station. I used the audioshield.

Hi Frank,

I've been trying to stream audio for weeks now with little success. All I've managed to do, is retrieve metadata but I can't get the stream.
Do you have a project page or something I can have a look at please?

Tony

Nope; the code is a terrible mess and i had to patch parts of the teensy-core.
When i have time (but i have some other projects now) i make it better and publish it...
But it will still need some little changes to the teensy-core-library (like increasing rx-buffers for serial to 2048 bytes...)

But you did'nt tell what your problem is ?
If you have the meta-data (which are embedded into the data-stream!), you should have the data, too ?
How do you decode the compressed-audio ? Do you use my MP3-lib ?

I don't want to hi-jack this thread but....
You say "modules such as RF/wifi etc..". is bluetooth an option? There are a number of options. with A2DP stereo, aptx codec, and aptx low latenacy.

Buy off the shelf complete modules and plug analog audio into them and pair/connect them up.

Use small modules (the one you mention) but for specifically for audio but most seem to be configured as audio sinks or speaker drivers

One module is BC127 for audio, comes in several options..one is Low latency and is configurable as source or sink. It has audio analog input and output and also master/slave I2S audio input and output so connects directly to teensy and works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back