Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teensyduino 1.30 Beta #4 Available

I did 3 installs - no problem.
    Laptop on 1.6.9 and new 1.6.11 - but didn't compile/run anything. Used Remote desktop and updated my 1.6.11 beta4 to release TD_1.30, but again didn't compile anything yet. Have to update my 'new test' machine. And I copied my 'Serial#' read before HSRUN to one install so it goes well.

Side note I was watching on Remote Desktop and something about the TeensyInstaller UI doesn't show well under Remote Desktop as shown in post 5. I've not done this before so I'm not saying it is new, but not pretty after the 'install copy' starts - everything up until then was well drawn.

Using Beta #4, I tested the problem which occurred in first release of K66 when a sketch had more than 512kB in flash - I don't know if this should be in the k66/T3.6 thread or whether it is TD related but I've posted it here for now. I used the code below which has a very large array in it. It uploads and is executed without crashing or losing the Serial port.
    Code:
    // Define a very large array as const to make sure that code over
    // 512kB will upload to properly. When compiled, the IDE reports:
    // Sketch uses 1,047,964 bytes (99%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1,048,576 bytes.
    const short array[500 * 1024] = {43, 22, 67, -4};

void setup()
    {
      Serial.begin(9600);
      while (!Serial);
      delay(1000);

int32_t sum = 0;
      for (int i = 0; i < rand(); i++) {
        sum += array[i];
      }
      Serial.println(sum);
    }

void loop()
    {
    }
    BUT, I then tried the version of my vocoder which has all the sample loops in flash memory (which was what first detected the problem). TD uploads it and reports "Reboot OK" but it still loses the Serial port (Tools|Port is gray). Before I upload it, I make sure that the Serial port is correct.
    I am going to make up a sketch which uses just the sample loop data to see whether it works. I'll report back once I've get that tested.

Pete

The code in the attached zip file defines 11 large arrays of audio samples. It just prints a total of the number of samples in all the arrays.
    In loops.cpp, loops8 is commented and the code will compile, upload and run.
    Uncomment loops8 and the sketch will compile and upload, TD will say "Reboot OK" but the Serial port will be grayed out.

Pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Tim, I *think* I have read a long time ago that the teensyloader.exe updates that chip sometimes. I'm not sure, wether i'm remember that correctly or not..
    Thanks Frank - I've never seen it said - but it seems like it would be an important tool (in the right hands) to correct any 'shortcomings'.

Hopefully Paul can address this as it could be important for those not using TeensyLoader generally if it is the case. Because I assume it would be something specific to that program to do this so using any other means of upload would never get those changes made. Like if it were done to alter T_3.6 behavior on large sketch uploads.

In the GUI tool documentation sidebar for
    AudioSynthToneSweep->play function, it states that time parameter is in milliseconds, but it is really (float) seconds.

Makes for some funny moaning noises when you put in 100.

Used the released TeensyDuino 1.30 with SNOOZE Beta under IDE 1.6.11 to good effect - no issues - there is hope for writing EEPROM in a T_3.6 sketch compiled at HSRUN speeds!

Has anyone tried to use the Encoder library with a T3.6. Anything that I try to compile with TeensyDuino 1.30 release (or Beta 4) that includes Encoder.h generates several errors. I'm using Arduino 1.6.11. This even occurs with the two knobs example given on the Encoder library page. http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Encoder.html

I designed a breadboard for a music synthesizer that uses Paul's audio library, the audio shield, 53 pots (multiplexed), and 4 encoders with plans for more. The CPU board has a dual footprint for plugging in a T3.2 or a T3.6. Every I/O on a 3.2 is used, and I need more, hence the plans for using a 3.6. I just got my early reward T3.6 today, but can't get the encoder library to work. I am basically a hardware guy, and have limited software experience. The rest of my synthesizer seems to work with the T3.6 if I comment out the encoders and hard code their settings.

Quote Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
    Has anyone tried to use the Encoder library with a T3.6. Has anyone tried to use the Encoder library with a T3.6.
    Tubelab.com
    Yes, I'm using an encoder right now on my Teensy 3.6 with Arduino 1.6.11 and Teensyduino 1.3.0 b4
    I successfully used both the encoder library, and the hardware quadrature decoder in FTM1
    I haven't tried FTM2 yet.

I tried a fresh install of Arduino 1.6.11 and Teensyduino 1.3.0 b4. I get errors trying to compile the example code when T3.5 or T3.6 is chosen. It works and runs on T3.2. I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Anyone have and suggestions.

Errors:

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 7), TD: 1.30-beta4, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, US English"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy36:usb=serial,speed=180opt,k eys=en-us -ide-version=10611 -build-path C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca03 a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp -warnings=none -verbose D:\Documents\Arduino\two_encoders\two_encoders.ino
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy36:usb=serial,speed=180opt,k eys=en-us -ide-version=10611 -build-path C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca03 a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp -warnings=none -verbose D:\Documents\Arduino\two_encoders\two_encoders.ino
    Using board 'teensy36' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr
    Using core 'teensy3' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr
    Detecting libraries used...
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK66FX1M0__ -DTEENSYDUINO=130 -DARDUINO=10611 -DF_CPU=180000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\sketch\two_encoders. ino.cpp" -o "nul"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK66FX1M0__ -DTEENSYDUINO=130 -DARDUINO=10611 -DF_CPU=180000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-ID:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder" "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\sketch\two_encoders. ino.cpp" -o "nul"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK66FX1M0__ -DTEENSYDUINO=130 -DARDUINO=10611 -DF_CPU=180000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-ID:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder" "D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder\Encoder.cp p" -o "nul"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK66FX1M0__ -DTEENSYDUINO=130 -DARDUINO=10611 -DF_CPU=180000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-ID:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder" "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\sketch\two_encoders. ino.cpp" -o "nul"
    Generating function prototypes...
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -E -CC -x c++ -w -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK66FX1M0__ -DTEENSYDUINO=130 -DARDUINO=10611 -DF_CPU=180000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-ID:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder" "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\sketch\two_encoders. ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\preproc\ctags_target _for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder\ctags\5.8-arduino10/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns --line-directives "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\preproc\ctags_target _for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
    Compiling sketch...
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK66FX1M0__ -DTEENSYDUINO=130 -DARDUINO=10611 -DF_CPU=180000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" "-ID:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder" "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\sketch\two_encoders. ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\GEORGE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildfa0dca0 3a37fee65eff087fd84d55fd8.tmp\sketch\two_encoders. ino.cpp.o"
    In file included from D:\Documents\Arduino\two_encoders\two_encoders.ino :8:0:

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:61:11: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type

volatile IO_REG_TYPE * pin1_register;

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:62:11: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type

volatile IO_REG_TYPE * pin2_register;

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:63:2: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type

IO_REG_TYPE pin1_bitmask;

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:64:2: error: 'IO_REG_TYPE' does not name a type

IO_REG_TYPE pin2_bitmask;

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h: In constructor 'Encoder::Encoder(uint8_t, uint8_t)':

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:82:11: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_register'

encoder.pin1_register = PIN_TO_BASEREG(pin1);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:82:46: error: 'PIN_TO_BASEREG' was not declared in this scope

encoder.pin1_register = PIN_TO_BASEREG(pin1);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:83:11: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_bitmask'

encoder.pin1_bitmask = PIN_TO_BITMASK(pin1);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:83:45: error: 'PIN_TO_BITMASK' was not declared in this scope

encoder.pin1_bitmask = PIN_TO_BITMASK(pin1);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:84:11: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_register'

encoder.pin2_register = PIN_TO_BASEREG(pin2);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:85:11: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_bitmask'

encoder.pin2_bitmask = PIN_TO_BITMASK(pin2);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:92:31: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_register'

if (DIRECT_PIN_READ(encoder.pin1_register, encoder.pin1_bitmask)) s |= 1;

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:92:54: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_bitmask'

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:92:66: error: 'DIRECT_PIN_READ' was not declared in this scope

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:93:31: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_register'

if (DIRECT_PIN_READ(encoder.pin2_register, encoder.pin2_bitmask)) s |= 2;

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:93:54: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_bitmask'

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:93:66: error: 'DIRECT_PIN_READ' was not declared in this scope

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h: In static member function 'static void Encoder::update(Encoder_internal_state_t*)':

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:271:40: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_register'

uint8_t p1val = DIRECT_PIN_READ(arg->pin1_register, arg->pin1_bitmask);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:271:60: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_bitmask'

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:271:72: error: 'DIRECT_PIN_READ' was not declared in this scope

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:272:40: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_register'

uint8_t p2val = DIRECT_PIN_READ(arg->pin2_register, arg->pin2_bitmask);

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:272:60: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_bitmask'

^

Using library Encoder in folder: D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder (legacy)
    Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.
    ^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:93:66: error: 'DIRECT_PIN_READ' was not declared in this scope

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h: In static member function 'static void Encoder::update(Encoder_internal_state_t*)':

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:271:40: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_register'

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:271:60: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin1_bitmask'

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:271:72: error: 'DIRECT_PIN_READ' was not declared in this scope

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:272:40: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_register'

^

D:\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Encoder/Encoder.h:272:60: error: 'struct Encoder_internal_state_t' has no member named 'pin2_bitmask'

^

Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.

It appears to me that you have your own copy of encoder library which is in your Arduino\libraries folder.

As this library is found there, it is used instead of the one installed with current version of Teensyduino, which is located in:
    Code:
    (where your Arduino is installed)\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Encoder
    The example for me compiles fine on Teensy 3.6. So try removing your local copy and see if it works for you.

Kurt,

Thanks for the help. The sketch now compiles fine without errors. There is still some broken stuff, but I can deal with that.

I believe I found an error in the Ethernet library. In socket.cpp, function socketRecv, line 236.

It is currently:
    Code:
    233:  if (ret > len) ret = len; // more data available than buffer length
    234:  uint16_t ptr = state[s].RX_RD;
    235:  read_data(s, ptr, buf, ret);
    236:  ptr += len;
    237:  state[s].RX_RD = ptr;
    238:  state[s].RX_RSR -= ret;
    239:  uint16_t inc = state[s].RX_inc + ret;
    but should be:
    Code:
    233:  if (ret > len) ret = len; // more data available than buffer length
    234:  uint16_t ptr = state[s].RX_RD;
    235:  read_data(s, ptr, buf, ret);
    236:  ptr += ret;  // len is requested length, ret is available length
    237:  state[s].RX_RD = ptr;
    238:  state[s].RX_RSR -= ret;
    239:  uint16_t inc = state[s].RX_inc + ret;

This warning shows on EEPROM.h usage:

I:\arduino_16_11\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\EEP ROM/EEPROM.h:144:15: warning: variable 'e' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

EEPtr e = idx;
    Not sure if 'e' is always unused and can just go away? Not new I looked before but never get to fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post
    This warning shows on EEPROM.h usage:

Not sure if 'e' is always unused and can just go away? Not new I looked before but never get to fixing it.
    It looks like it could be moved into the #else clause as it is not used in the __arm__ case

Thanks Kurt - I was in there looking for a way to wrap anything when the K66 was first NoGo on EEPROM and never got back. Still on HSRUN- had an idea for watching cycle counts for timing and suddenly it isn't pretty . . . back to it.

Looking up at github, looks like there is a pull request created yesterday to fix this warning...

Fedora 24 failure due to libpng version

I tried installing Arduino 1.6.11 and Teensyduino 1.30 on a fresh Fedora 24 MATE install. The Teensyduino installation script completed without error.

However, uploading to the Teensy failed with the message "unable to find Teensy loader."

I traced this down to Fedora 24 installing libpng version 1.6 (the newest) whereas the Teensy loader requires version 1.2 of libpng.

Running Teensy loader directly shows the problem:

Code:
    [jsk@new-host-6 arduino]$ /home/jsk/arch/x86_64/packages/arduino/arduino-1.6.11/hardware/teensy/../tools/teensy
    /home/jsk/arch/x86_64/packages/arduino/arduino-1.6.11/hardware/teensy/../tools/teensy: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    The Fedora repos do contain version 1.2 of libpng, which can be installed concurrently with the default version 1.6. Doing so makes the Teensy loader work correctly. I'm not sure how to best address this problem at Teensyduino installation time. Unless there's a specific need to version 1.2 of libpng, it might be best to just load 'libpng.so' rather than a specific version, if that's possible (I'm hardly a Linux shared lib expert).

after upgrade , i receive the following message
    exec: "/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist

( still using arduino die 1.6.9 ), any hints?, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gnkarn View Post
    after upgrade , i receive the following message
    exec: "/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist

( still using arduino die 1.6.9 ), any hints?, thanks
    Assuming you are running Linux, it may be the same error Jay1011 saw. Go in with the shell, and go to the Teensy install directory, and try to execute "./hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" (note there is almost certainly a period in front of the first /, which tells the OS to use the current directory). If you get the message like Jay1011 saw, then you need to load the old libpng.so. If you got a message saying that a shared library loader what not present, it likely means you are on a 64-bit system and loaded the 32-bit Teensy (or the ARM teensy), and vice versa if you are on a 32-bit system.

Thankyou WILL revise my configuration,
    Just to add more detail , is a mac , running Windows 10
    I also use visual studio, and that one works fine ,
    That is why I'm a little bit lost .

after review of my config , i can confirm it is not the case .

the windows version is only one , no need to select 32 , 64b, so i have it correctly set.
    so it seams that me other thing causing conflict on the teensyduino 1.3

does it work over 1.6.9 ?

other idea?

Looks like the missing libpng12 bug has hit Ubuntu Yakkety Yak as well. I'm assuming it's so old now that Distro's have dropped it and developers shouldn't be building against it. Are we likely to get a newer libpng1.6 teensy loader?

Quote Originally Posted by ElOtroMateo View Post
    I believe I found an error in the Ethernet library. In socket.cpp, function socketRecv, line 236.
    Yes, confirmed, that's a bug. Fixed it just now. Thanks!

Does USB-Audio (output) not work, or is somethingwrong with my installation ?
    Not even the WaveFilePlayerUSB Example works ? (T 3.6 )

Or is it just the full moon here.. or too much Bacardi ?

Edit: TD 1.31 (not beta)
    Last edited by Frank B; 11-14-2016 at 07:37 PM.