Teensyduino 1.30 Beta #4 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does USB-Audio (output) not work, or is somethingwrong with my installation ?
Not even the WaveFilePlayerUSB Example works ? (T 3.6 )

Or is it just the full moon here.. or too much Bacardi ?

Edit: TD 1.31 (not beta)
I can use Serial-Midi-Audio with my Mac 10.9.5, Teensyduino 1.31, did the USB Audio interface change between then? One thing I've noticed is that I have to use the button to get it reprogram. It doesn't recognize upload request.

Does not work at all with my machine (win10)

Not related to USB-Audio : Unfortuantely it is too late now and i must stop, but there is a tricky bug in SPI.h or SD.h.. i hope i can find it tomorrow-evening:

The line "NVIC_ICER2 = interruptSave[2];" in SPI.H causes Audio-problems. Perhaps with playing wav only( reading SD).

Last edited:
Looks like the missing libpng12 bug has hit Ubuntu Yakkety Yak as well. I'm assuming it's so old now that Distro's have dropped it and developers shouldn't be building against it. Are we likely to get a newer libpng1.6 teensy loader?

For the 1.31, I bundled a copy of libpng12. I tested on Ubuntu 16.10. My hope is it'll fix things on other distros, but I only test Ubuntu (x86) and Raspbian (arm).

The libpng situation is really tough. It's poorly planned approach to long-term binary compatibility for Linux desktop software. No matter which libpng you link for your program's own PNG image manipulation, the many GTK libraries depend on the system's libpng library. It's impossible (as nearly as I can tell) to create a program which links to the GTK system libraries for compatibility with the user's system, but doesn't depend on a specific version of libpng that was present on the build system.

Even when I link a static libpng12.a, the system's dynamic libpng also gets linked because of GTK's dependencies. The modern Linux linking process discovers and dynamically links *lots* of related libraries which aren't part of the actual linker command to build the program.

The best solution I've been able to find is linking with rpath and supplying a copy of libpng12.so.0.

I just recently worked quite a lot with the Ethernet library, to add support for the newer W5500 chip. The library does work very well with W5100 and W5200, and the new version (only on github today) supports W5500.

If there is some sort of problem, please see the "Forum Rule" which appears at the top of every page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back