Need to do lots of "things" while playing back audio through prop shield. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to do lots of "things" while playing back audio through prop shield. Possible?

I have been using my multiple Audio boards to great success, but now have a project that needs to be SMALL (the 3.2 + Prop shield is almost too big) and I can't fit an Audio board in there.

I am using the prop shield to pull in some sensor data from the built in sensors and take action based on input (volume etc)
I also need to drive ~20 APA102 (or ws2812) LEDs essentially doing a color cycle
I need to periodically drive one pin high to trigger a mosfet to drive a small solenoid
I need to be able to control PWM brightness of a high power LED (with separate driver that accepts PWM input)
ALL at the same time as I play audio with no interruptions.

With the SGTL5000 I don't really have any issues, as my code will start the audio playing, then go back to doing all the strange stuff, but (and my issue is that I can't test this for two days because of travel), I am not aware of how the 3.2 would be able to pull this off without the SGTL5000 doing the heavy lifting, and I'm not aware of any library that would be non-blocking while audio is playing. This might be a silly question, and there may be no problem whatsoever, or it might be CLEARLY impossible and I'm just nuts for thinking it might be possible.

In the end, I MIGHT be able to fit a second Teensy on top, (a 3 way sandwich) and have the first do the silly stuff and have the second do the audio, with the first connected via a couple pins acting as buttons to trigger audio, but it would be IDEAL if this wasn't necessary.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone might have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back