Audio tutorial kit and wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0zxx

I recently purchased one of your audio tutorial kits and have been impressed with all of the work that you have put into it and all of the things it will do. After listening to the provided wav files multiple times as I played with various parts of the system, I decided to try to replace the provided wav files with some other ones just for variety and so I would not have to listen to so many "beeps and bongs".

I found a wav file of a dog barking - I know not a ton better but is it a little different - and then made the following changes to the "Part_1_05_Do_More_While_Playing" file:
const char * filelist[4] = {
"Dog-barking-sound-big-dog.wav",
// "SDTEST1.WAV"
"SDTEST1.WAV",
"SDTEST2.WAV",
"SDTEST3.WAV",
"SDTEST4.WAV"
};

I then copied the "Dog-barking-sound-big-dog.wav" to my SD card and tried to run the system. Everything seemed to work just fine except that my new wav file is completely skipped.

I have tried to play the new wav vile on my PC and on some other devices and it plays just fine except that it won't play on the teensy audio tutorial setup. I have tried several wav files (from places other than the ones that came with the tutorial ) and none of them work.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JLL

PS I have attempted to attach a copy of the "Dog-barking-sound-big-dog.wav" file I have tried to use (along with several others)

Last edited:
The filenames on the SD card must be the short 8.3 format. Rename the file to be "Dogbark.wav" or something similar.

Pete

const char * filelist[4] = {
"Dog-barking-sound-big-dog.wav",
// "SDTEST1.WAV"
"SDTEST1.WAV",
"SDTEST2.WAV",
"SDTEST3.WAV",
"SDTEST4.WAV"
};

item one - It appears you define the filelist array to be of size 4 -- filelist[4] -- and then place 5 filenames in the list.

item two - as previously mentioned - the filenames need to be in 8.3 format like dog_bark.wav

item three - I believe the wav file data must be encoded as 16bit samples at 44,100 samples per second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back