Intermittent Error compiling for boardTeensy 3.2 / 3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

getSurreal

I'm getting intermittent compile failures. If I just keep recompiling over and over again sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. I'm not posting the code because it's pretty large and in multiple files, but it's using the hardware and libraries listed below.

OSX 10.11.6
Arduino 1.6.11
Teensyduino 1.30

Hardware
  • Teensy 3.1
  • Adafruit 2.8 TFT resistive touch shield
  • DS3232 RTC
  • 4ohm Speaker with 100ohm resistor
  • Photocell

#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <EEPROM.h>
#include <EEPROMAnything.h>

#include <TimeLib.h>
#include <DS3232RTC.h> //http://github.com/JChristensen/DS3232RTC

#include <ILI9341_t3.h>
#include <Adafruit_STMPE610.h>
#include <font_Arial.h>
#include <font_ArialBold.h>
#include <font_TimesNewRoman.h>

uint8_t pin_motion = 2; // PIR Motion Sensor
uint8_t pin_brightness = 3; // LCD Brightness
uint8_t pin_speaker = 5; // 4ohm Speaker with 100ohm resistor
uint8_t pin_photocell = A0; // photocell

I'm getting intermittent compile failures. If I just keep recompiling over and over again sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.

Maybe you're low on memory. It's happened to other Mac users, where too little memory and too many programs cause the compile process to randomly fail. Usually you see "exit status 1" without any useful error message.

Please provide some indication of the error you see intermittently. Turn on Verbose in Preferences and you should see more detail if not showing now in the compile results window.

Seeing #include <TimeLib.h> in the list it reminds me of issues I got where one of the related files was seen as OPEN on subsequent compiles, but that was on Windows. As I saw it that was fixed before the installed versions of software you have though.

If you can see such details in the compile results window that might allow you to create a simple sketch that will demonstrate the behavior.

Thanks for the responses. I do have verbose enabled and like I mentioned, it was clean. I think Paul may be on to something. I checked my resources and while it said I had a GB of available memory, it also showed I had 1.5GB of swap in use. I shutdown as much as I could, restarted a couple of apps and now I've gotten about a dozen successful compiles in a row whereas before I was getting 1 out of every 4 or 5 attempts. Now I have over 2GB available and only 68MB in swap. If the issue comes back, I'll report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back