Teensy 3.2 Locked up. Unable to load new program

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamucins

Running a Teesny 3.2, uploaded an example (cardinfo from the SD library). It now will not allow me to upload a new program.

So what it is doing.

Sketch complies just fine. Arduino IDE then spits out and error stating to press the program button. I do, and nothing. Win 7 makes the sound like a device is disconnected and then nothing happens.

Before i can do anything with it, i have to unplug and plug the teensy back into the computer.

One last thing is that when i first plug the teensy in, i can open the serial monitor and view what the program spits out.

Any thoughts.

There is a longer post for this ... short version ...

prep the IDE and Upload compile a simple blink sketch that prints something out USB after waiting for it to connect
unplug Teensy
press button and hold while plugging it in
release button after a brief pause as it powers up

If needed do Upload again in the IDE
You can press button - but it should already be waiting to upload

Anything?

Once you do get back to communicating with your Teensy, check your program for an incomplete SD call (not closed file, etc.) I recently had exactly the same issue and it came down to that.

There is a longer post for this ... short version ...

prep the IDE and Upload compile a simple blink sketch that prints something out USB after waiting for it to connect
unplug Teensy
press button and hold while plugging it in
release button after a brief pause as it powers up

If needed do Upload again in the IDE
You can press button - but it should already be waiting to upload

Anything?

Ok so my main desktop computer- Highly custom built works perfectly on uploading to the teensy. Now on my laptop, same issue will not load, the teensy software seems to be waiting for connection to the board, ive tried the what you suggested but nothing.

Any ideas?

Well the good news is the Teensy is fine.

I suppose you are using the same cable, so that should be a non-issue. So putting the Teensy programmed with a simple serial sketch appears on Serial Monitor on the laptop, but trying to reprogram that device fails? Do you have a second working Teensy - that is noted in this longer set of steps.

Also noted there along with a LapTop restart is - Is the laptop going through a hub, is there another available USB port to put it onto? If using a hub, try without - if not using a hub, try it with one.

Sounds like the IDE or Windows software may be having an issue. You might try TYQT as Serial Monitor - also linked in that post.

Maybe try pressing the button while watching in the Windows Device Manager.

While you hold the button, Teensy will remain in reset mode which should appear to your PC as if the cable is unplugged.

When you release it, Windows should show you a new HID device like this:

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/check_halfkay_vista.html

It's supposed to have Hardware Id "HID\VID_16C0&PID0478".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back