Serial+MIDI+Audio Windows Drivers issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABuck289

When I select USB type 'Audio', the driver loads perfectly, the Teensy Digital Audio device appears in Windows recording devices and everything works fine. The problem I'm having is that I also need a serial port. When I select USB type 'Serial + MIDI + Audio' I get four Teensy MIDI/Audio devices in my device manager 1 works and 3 have "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" errors.

When I get these errors, the Teensy Audio device is not present and neither is the serial port.

An help on how to get the USB to ennumerate as an Audio device and a serial port (I'm not using MIDI in my application), would be appreciated

I'm using Arduino IDE 1.6.9

Here is the Audio Setup portion of my Sketch:

AudioInputI2S i2s1;
AudioOutputUSB usb1;
AudioInputUSB usb2;
AudioSynthWaveformSine lo1;
AudioSynthWaveformSine lo2;
AudioFilterFIR BB1;
AudioFilterFIR BB2;
AudioFilterFIR BB3;
AudioEffectMultiply multiply1;
AudioEffectMultiply multiply2;
AudioEffectMultiply multiply3;
AudioMixer4 mixer1;
AudioMixer4 mixer2;
AudioFilterFIR IF1;
AudioPlayQueue DAC_IN;
AudioOutputI2S i2s2;
AudioRecordQueue BB_OUT;
AudioOutputAnalog dac1;
AudioConnection patchCord1(i2s1, 0, usb1, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord2(i2s1, 1, usb1, 1);
AudioConnection patchCord3(i2s1, 0, BB1, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord4(i2s1, 1, BB2, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord5(BB2, 0, multiply2, 1);
AudioConnection patchCord6(lo2, 0, multiply2, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord7(lo1, 0, multiply1, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord8(lo1, 0, multiply3, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord9(BB1, 0, multiply1, 1);
AudioConnection patchCord10(multiply2, 0, mixer1, 1);
AudioConnection patchCord11(multiply1, 0, mixer1, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord12(mixer1, IF1);
AudioConnection patchCord13(IF1, 0, multiply3, 1);
AudioConnection patchCord14(multiply3, BB3);
AudioConnection patchCord15(BB3, 0, mixer2, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord16(mixer2, 0, BB_OUT, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord17(DAC_IN, dac1);
AudioConnection patchCord18(DAC_IN, 0, i2s2, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord19(mixer2, 0, i2s2, 1);
AudioControlSGTL5000 codec;

I've tried it on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit. The results are the same on both.

DM.png

If you're getting "code 10", the very first thing to check is whether the problem also happens when you load a very simple program, like File > Examples > 01.Basics > Blink.

If the error continues with Blink, first cold reboot your PC. Then try with different Tools > USB Type settings, like RawHID or MIDI instead of Serial. If all this fails, try this Teensy on another computer (ideally, Mac or Linux running natively *not* a virtual machine hosted on Windows). It's possible, but rare, for "code 10" to actually be due to damaged Teensy hardware.

Often this error appears because something in your program is crashing before Windows completes USB enumeration, in which case you'll see the error go away with Blink. If this happens, it's time to start looking for the problem. The most common error is using Serial.print() inside C++ constructors.

If it's a code error and you can't find the problem, keep whittling your program down to the smallest, simplest code you can which still reproduces the problem. Then post it here. If using other libraries, remember to give all details we would need to get exactly the same code you're compiling.

Last edited:
I selected Serial - Audio - MIDI and uploaded blink sketch. Led blinks but in device manager same error appears. I try other USB types and no error (Without All of Above). My other windows machine appears same error only Serial - Audio - MIDI and All of Above USB type. I tried two teensy 3.6 and one teensy 3.2. Everything is same. Only Serial - Audio - MIDI and All of Above USB type have error.

Edit: My Arduino IDE version 1.6.11 and Teensyduino version 1.30. Windows 10 Single Language x64 OS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back