Teensyduino 1.31 Beta #1 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Teensydunio installer is an executable ELF image. After you download it, from a shell prompt, change the permissions to include execution and execute it (the $ is the standard bash prompt if you haven't set the PS1 environment variable):

Code:
$ chmod +x <file>
$ ./<file>

I got some idea you had redone TD - that's why I added reinstall IDE. I only ever unzip the IDE to a fresh directory anymore - When I started Feb 2015 the IDE jumps with early 1.6x gave me fits otherwise. I picked up 1.6.12 after giving it a couple days ( having skipped 1.6.11 ) - and it is working well for me.

The other thing I didn't write was making sure NOTHING is active IDE or Teensy.exe - maybe a restart of the computer before installs. Orphaned things usually abort the install - but you may have an odd case. And nothing changed while the IDE is active will be seen by the IDE until it restarts..

I've not seen your issue in my 1.5 years with the IDE going 1.6.0 to 1.6.12 and all the Teensyduino updates that went with them - including getting the K66 and K64 beta boards back to June.

The only thing I've seen documented hitting others oddly was ANTIVIRUS - not sure how that would hit boards.txt alone though.

Yea, I remember the constant streams of posts about issues with early 1.6.x installations... I waited those out until things seemed to calm down and jumped from 1.0.6->1.6.5 and had no noticed issues (other than needing to update libraries), until now. And yes, I was doing the Teensyduino update without anything Arduino or Teensy running (double-checked processes even), did some reboots in there, forcing run as admin, etc etc. I never saw anything other than a success message, but nothing got it to work on the existing install. Ultimately, like you said, something must have needed cleaning up and a clean install of the IDE did that. It's not like it is even that much work, uninstall Arduino which takes Teensyduino with it, and for added measure I deleted everything but preferences.txt from the user/roaming/arduino15 folder. Install Arduino, install Teensyduino, and back in business.

I did try copying over the boards.txt file and I also did the same with the platform.txt as a document compare revealed some changes in paths (I did not check the core files). That of course got the newer Teensy options to appear in Arduino but I was unable to compile for a 3.6 board. I was going to rebuild this install anyway given that if 2 files didn't copy right, who knows what else didn't, but it was a curiosity check more than anything that perhaps could have given Paul a datapoint. The same uninstall/reinstall procedure worked fine. So obviously something is odd with my setup as it persisted across 3 computers, but I don't have anything set up strangely that I know of. I'll chalk this one up to Windows 10 being stupid, the fix was easy enough, so back to playing (and trying out the serialPlotter, which has been on the todo list)!

The Teensydunio installer is an executable ELF image. After you download it, from a shell prompt, change the permissions to include execution and execute it (the $ is the standard bash prompt if you haven't set the PS1 environment variable):

Code:
$ chmod +x <file>
$ ./<file>
Thanks! That did it..

Last edited:
This might be a bit obvious, but on my Debian Jessie machine, I'm asked which application do I want to open the TeensyduinoInstaller with... So, what should I choose? Double clicking on the icon won't do..

After downloading the app, you need to mark it as an executable.
I typically do this in a command line prompt using the chmod command (chmod +x Teensyduino...)

I believe you can probably also do it in the GUI using properties.

just received 3.5 & 3.6 (yay) - installed the 1.31 beta on arduino 1.6.11, did some quick tests on existing project code and discovered the Snooze library has errors, so mentioning it here incase its not known.

the builtin examples will trigger it, eg: pushbutton_pullup_sleep.ino.

the tailend of the error message is

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Snooze/utility/llwu.h:170:50: error: 'LLWU_F3' was not declared in this scope

uint32_t flag = ( LLWU_F1 | LLWU_F2<<8 | LLWU_F3<<16 );

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Snooze/utility/llwu.h: In function 'void llwu_reset_enable()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Snooze/utility/llwu.h:260:9: error: 'LLWU_RST' was not declared in this scope

LLWU_RST = 0x02;//LLWU_RST_LLRSTE_MASK;

I am having an issue with the standard PassThroughStereo sketch using my new Teensy 3.6, Arduino 1.6.12 and Teensyduino 1.31-beta1 (and Audio Shield). No audio is passed through either to the headphones or Line-out.
On the other hand a sketch I wrote a while back that passes through the same audio via the record and output queue functions in the Audio library works fine, so the hardware path seems good.
The standard PassThroughUSB sketch also works.

Connected to the original Teensy 3.2/Audioshield and recompiled for the 3.2, the standard PassThroughStereo sketch works fine.

Anybody else seeing this?

System is Mac OSX 10.11.6

I reported about having a problem with the microphone in the K66 beta thread quite a while back and then forgot about it. The first message was #936 on page 38 - last message was #957 on the next page.
I'll try to check it out again in the next day or so.
Pete

Thanks Pete. It's not that the Line-in doesn't work at all, it just seems to be not connecting through to outputs when the connection is only made through the patchcord system as a continuous stream, without involving the sktech itself in the transfer. It feeds a queue object in a sketch just fine.
Thanks again.

There is an error message when compiling the example eeprom_put for Teensy 3.2, compiled using Arduino 1.6.12 and Teensyduino 1.31 Beta #1 on Windos 7 x64:

HTML:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\EEPROM/EEPROM.h: In instantiation of 'const T& EEPROMClass::put(int, const T&) [with T = float]':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\EEPROM\examples\eeprom_put\eeprom_put.ino:37:28:   required from here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\EEPROM/EEPROM.h:144:15: warning: variable 'e' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

EEPtr e = idx;

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\EEPROM/EEPROM.h: In instantiation of 'const T& EEPROMClass::put(int, const T&) [with T = MyObject]':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\EEPROM\examples\eeprom_put\eeprom_put.ino:52:36:   required from here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\EEPROM/EEPROM.h:144:15: warning: variable 'e' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back