Arduino Serial Plotter Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAlameda

Greetings to all,

I am developing a MIDI driver and use Arduino Serial Plotter for debugging purposes. I compile the sketch with Arduino 1.6.7 + Teensyduino 1.27 in “USB MIDI” mode and upload to a Teensy 3.2 board.

It worked until a few days ago, but now the Serial Plotter is unable to receive the serial printed values. The Serial Monitor still receives the values correctly and if I compile in “USB Serial” mode both Serial Monitor and Serial Plotter work properly (but I can’t use the usbmidi functions)

I tried reinstalling Arduino 1.6.7 + Teensyduino 1.27 and the most recent Arduino 1.6.11 + Teensyduino 1.30, over Windows 7 an well as over Windows XP but the problem persists.

I tested unsuccessfully the USB modes “MIDI”, “Serial + MIDI”, “Serial + MIDI + Audio”

It seems as if the Arduino Serial Monitor is able to recognize the “emulated serial mode” and receive through it but the Serial Plotter insists on receiving through a nonexistent COM

It worked until a few days ago and I am not aware of having changed anything. The problem is the same with many different sketches which previously functioned well.

Can anyone give me a clue about what might be happening?

The code snippet I use for testing:

Code:
void setup(){
	elapsedMillis crono = 0;
	int t = 0;

Serial.begin(115200);
	while(!Serial);				// Wait for Serial

for(;;){
		while(crono < 40);		// Wait 40 ms
		crono = 0;
		Serial.println(t++);
		if(t > 300) t = 0;
		}		
	}

void loop(){
	}

Serial Plotter doesn't work with the emulated serial on any Arduino / Teensyduino version I have.

“Serial + MIDI” should work. Are you sure, you selected the right COM port and that nothing else is using the port? Only one application can use the USB CDC COM port at a time. The IDE doesn't update the COM port number automatically if it changes, so check Tools/Port that the right COM port is selected.

Thank you very much.

I've gotten it to work in “Serial + MIDI” USB mode in Arduino 1.6.11 + Teensyduino 1.30 (Windows XP)

I seemed to recall see the Serial Plotter working in “USB MIDI” mode but I must be wrong: it seems that Serial Plotter is not able to work with “emulated Serial”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back