Planned support for Teensy LC and 3.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

offgrid

Hello Paul,
Congrats on a(nother) successfully Kickstarter campaign. It's nice to see good guys win! I'm sure I can find use for the new products.

I'm currently using your LC and 3.2 in a Lithium BMS solution, at limited production volume. I literally solder the Teensy's into my custom PCB as another component, as I'm sure lots of your customer base does. My question is what is your planned support time frame for these two products, and when you plan to obsolete them like you did with the 3.0 and 3.1, will we be able to know in advance, to allow time for a new board layout, software, etc? So far I have used maybe 3 dozen T3.2's and maybe 150 or so LC's, but there are more orders coming.

I do realize that most uses of the Teensy are probably hobbyists, and that most people in production do not use a development board, but I have put a lot of products into production (I engineered what at one point was the highest selling offgrid inverter 'ever') and in this case, I wanted to get to production quickly and the PJRC product was the fastest and most reliable way for me to do just that. I would not change over to a bare micro ever, or at least until volume picked up considerably, and then it would only be the LC (on the battery itself), since the 3.2 product is a BMS manager, at rather low production numbers probably for the next 3 years. Here's a picture of the manager below.
dk supervisor.jpg

Thanks!
Tim
offgrid

Attachments

• DKblock data sheet with supr dims.pdf
    793.4 KB · Views: 182
Teensy LC and 3.2 are not going to be discontinued anytime soon!

We even still sell Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0, which will probably remain in stock throughout 2017.

Thanks Paul, appreciate the update very much. Is it even possible to keep a list of emails here on the forum of people that need to be notified in case of discontinuation? If so please put me down for the LC and T3.2.
Many thanks!
Tim
Keep up the good work. I like the fast ARM teensies....very very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back