teensy touch guitar example not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably should post detailed pictures of your setup, particularly, the Teensy DAT/ground to amplifier to speakers. In particular, people would want to see your solder joints to make sure the right pins are connected, and you don't have unintentional solder bridges.

This is a guess, but you didn't mention whether you are using one of the prop shields (like Paul uses in the photo) or a separate amplifier. Paul's photo shows he is using a prop shield. However his code does not set pin 5 high which enables the amplifier. Instead there is a wire going off of pin 5, and you can't see from the picture where it is connected. It probably is connected to 3.3v, so it is always high.

In your setup code, try adding the following lines:

Code:
  pinMode (5, OUTPUT);             // enable prop shield amplifier
  digitalWrite (5, HIGH);

I should mention, that you want to make sure there is no stress in the wires. I've been soldering in right angle female headers (such as http://www.taydaelectronics.com/4-pin-2-54mm-single-row-right-angle-female-pin-header.html) to the prop shields, rather than soldering wires directly to the audio and LED connections, because every so often the teensy falls and winds up hanging by the wire, which tends to break it. Alternatively, I try to wrap the wire around something to provide a strain relief.

Last edited:
I am only using a teensy 3.2 and my computer. I thought it's possible to have the sound output from the computer. I don't really have any set up, just put some pins out of the touch pins so it can sense my touch. See picture IMG_9127.jpg

Hi,

You appear to have misunderstood the purpose of the program. It produces an audio signal right out of the Teensy pin. You can send that output from the A14 pin directly to a headphone or (probably with needed amplification) to a speaker. Possibly you could run it into the line-in on your computer's audio input.

Best,
Michael

Yeah I think OP wants 'how to' help on getting that to line input level.

Last edited:
If AudioOutputAnalog is used instead would a low-pass filter be advisable (essential?) before connecting to an audio in on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back