Attempting to Creating an Audio Looper

Status
Not open for further replies.

edloops

Hi

I'm using the Audio Adaptor board to attempt to create an audio looper. I have a decent amount of Arduino experience but I have been using a software looper (Mobius) until now. I have already created a custom pedal but I would now like to use the teensy to create an all-in-one looper (something similar to a boss rc50).

I started with the Recorder example and made a few amendments so I can record some audio (from the line in) and as soon as I stop recording it begins playing back the recorded file (RECORD.RAW) from the sd. Perfect. The issue I'm having is with creating some kind of overdub function. This is basically recording more audio on top of what has already been recorded whilst keeping the original audio (and playing it at the same time).

Should I be trying to create multiple files for each of these overdubs? Or is there some way I can add more audio data into the file I have already recorded. I know if I don't delete the first RECORD.RAW file I can add more audio to it but the additional audio will only be added to the end.

I'm thinking maybe it would make more sense to use the RECORD.RAW file as more of a buffer so I record audio and once the first loop is finished it saves to a different file. Then I can remove the RECORD.RAW file and record a new one. Once this is finished it would then add the new recorded data to the different file??

Im really not sure what the best approach would be here. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the best option?

Thanks

Your suggested approach is exactly how I would do it. I'd have a buffer.raw file that is currently recording the loop. Once that loop is complete, save it to loop_1_tmp.raw and play it back into the buffer so that it can be overdubbed again. When recording is stopped, save the file to loop_1.raw.

Beautiful idea. I also use mobius. And I also have a Boss Rc50. I recently purchased a Teensy 4. Then I will buy an audio adapter. I'd like to do something like that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back