Teensy 3.2 not responding to PROGRAM pin - where is that trace supposed to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahud

I have a Teensy 3.2 that I am unable to get into program mode, by any means. It continues to run its current code correctly, so I'm pretty sure the MCU itself is OK.
It hasn't responded to the reboot signal from Teensy_Loader for some time, but I'm pretty sure that's a problem with my Windows install since I see it on some other Teensys as well.
The reset button worked correctly, until I got some hot glue on it while potting the board in it's final housing. I figured that I had gotten some hot glue in the mechanism, so I tried connecting the PROGRAM pin to ground.
This had no effect whatsoever - the program continued to run as normal.

Now, this particular board has been "there and back again". A lot of soldering, desoldering, and probably some mechanical stress. I've used it in several projects, and salvaged it out later.
It's entirely possible that the PROGRAM trace has gotten broken.

My main question is this: Where is that trace supposed to go? Is there another place on the Teensy 3.2 where I can access that signal?
I only need to reprogram it one or two more times, so I can make one of the other pins call _reboot_Teensyduino_().

Neat, I didn't know the schematic was available. The MKL02 is a QFN, if I remember correctly, and therefore doesn't have accessible pins for me to tap directly. Is there anywhere near that component where I can scrape away the solder mask for access?
If the PCB layout is available anywhere, I can figure it out myself.

There isn't a PCB layout floating around, and I think the PCB is four layers so tracing it may be an interesting adventure. If you have other Teeny's around it may be useful to compare the resistance of the reset pad to a known good, to find out if you have a truly broken track or if chip's busted in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back