Spam postings within threads

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
This is a question for the admins. Usually when a spammer creates an account and posts, s/he creates a new thread. And the thread has nothing in it but the original post, and it is easy to distinguish.

However, in two of the threads in the announcement section (K66 Beta Test and Teensydunio 1.31 beta 1) there was a spammer that did a reply to thread (and obviously had nothing to do with the thread). I didn't hit the spam button, because I wasn't sure whether it would mark the whole thread as spam, or just the post (and those two threads, we don't want to disappear).

So on a thread with other posts, does the spam button just flag the particular post as spam, or does it flag the entire thread (obviously if the thread only has one posting, it doesn't matter)? Obviously, I would hope the former.

I will note, when I went back, the posts were gone. :confused:

I did get some amusement some time ago, when the title was about gangs of thugs, but the spam inside claimed to be watch hockey for free. And I thought, perhaps that was an accurate as those titles get. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@MM - as you saw the post is what gets taken out - not the thread. I saw two (perhaps those you noted) and nuked them. Reply posts came up before and they are uglier since the cause forum software to send SPAM email including the links in them.

I'm not sure why they bother spamming here - nothing lasts as it is gleefully nuked - just a minor annoyance at the pollution.

dgfjgh has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Teensyduino 1.31 Beta #1 Available - in the Announcements forum of PJRC (Teensy) Forum.
dgfjgh has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - K66 Beta Test - in the Announcements forum of PJRC (Teensy) Forum.
Can we become friends?

Here is my ...xyz... will be sent to you.

Yep - Hit several of them in the last few days. The other issue, is when they are in an existing thread, the show new threads will continue to show them even though you have already visited that thread. Plus it still shows them as the last author...

Back