Teensy 3.6 & 3.5 already on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipments to distributors began immediately after we completed the 3080 Kickstarter rewards for all backers who had responded.

The word "immediately" means some even managed to go on the same UPS truck as the 7 huge boxes with all the Kickstarter rewards, since the final checking on the Kickstarter packages was completed in the morning, leaving the afternoon to start shipping to distributors. Most distributors shipments were processed the next day. We then immediately began shipping the pre-orders that had already been placed through the PJRC website, where again "immediately" means no time wasted, many ended up together on the same truck.

I just noticed that Adafruit has put the Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 in their store in time for tonight's Ask an Engineer web video (where they typically have a 10% off sale using the word of the week from the time the show airs at 8pm through midnight US Eastern time). It will be interesting to see whether Sparkfun adds it this Friday. Digikey doesn't have them yet (but I would expect a delay, since they seem to get their Teensy's from either Sparkfun or Adafruit)

Since I just got my kickstarter 3.6's today, I don't feel the need for more speed, but perhaps somebody else does and wants to combine their order with other Adafruit goodies.

Last edited:
Indeed the pre-order t_3.5's came the next day. Cool for distributors to have them as fast

Went to Adafruit - they have KS type product summary and with this lead - it links to this on the PJRC that doesn't have the product listed.

Information, documentation and specs are on the Teensy site. Please check it out for more details!
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html

SparkFun doesn't show the Teensy T_3.6 or T_3.5 yet - They have NO T_3.2's - but they are expecting a big T_3.2 shipment:
We estimate having 2419 additional pieces available

Last edited:
SparkFun doesn't show the Teensy T_3.6 or T_3.5 yet - They have NO T_3.2's - but they are expecting a big T_3.2 shipment:
We estimate having 2419 additional pieces available

Typically Sparkfun puts their new products out on Friday, and they have a little segment on the new products. IIRC, Sparkfun only started selling the prop shields only in the last few weeks.

As I mentioned, Adafruit tends to cluster their new products around Wednesday with an announce on the Ask an Engineer segment (they went over this week, and didn't discuss the new products). Generally, Adafruit doesn't list stock counts until it is under 100. The 3.6 does not list a stock count. The 3.5 listed a stock count of 96 earlier, and it is now 92.

I don't see any 3.5/3.6's yet at Microcenter, which is one of the two places in the Boston area that sells Teensys in a brick and mortar setting.

You-do-it's website is completely useless. It is impossible to see most of what they carry from the website, let alone an indication of whether they are sold out. The website is supposed to be redone in November. I suspect that You-do-it gets their stock from Sparkfun and/or Adafruit, so it may be a while yet.

One vendor (Sports Internet Solutions LLC) looks like they will be selling the Teensy 3.5 and 3.6 and are expecting stock on October 8th, but with a $7.70 markup, even with prime shipping, it would be better to go to PJRC directly.

When defragster mentioned about the index.html page, I went to the pjrc.com page, it would be nice if http://www.pjrc.com listed the newer Teensys on the front page (3.1 is the last teensy mentioned on that page, and it is now out of stock (permanently). And the Teensy pinouts page doesn't yet have the 3.5/3.6 on it. I realize the PJRC.COM staff has been going full tilt with the kickstarter and release, and need time to decompress, but it may be helpful when everything gets back to normal to to go through the web to make it a little more friendly to newbies. I always hate doing the documentation part, but it can be a necessary eveil.

It may be time to delete the MP3 player and 8051 development board from the PJRC store.

@MM - Glad you mentioned the index page table - has a price link to T_3.1 that says you can't buy this - so you have to click again to get to T_3.2, which is what the table should now be labeled as. And no mention of the newer Teensy FPU units or details on that page.

Indeed the PJRC pages are missing lots of opportunities to inform and detail the new Teensy with FPU's with the distraction of actually making and shipping a few thousand of them. I thought a first time forum landing page/announcement of the T_FPU's would have been good.

I mentioned SFun because the T_3.2 production run PJRC did before KS suggests it included 2,500 [less backorders?] for them? - which should be there by now?

Well, Sparkfun didn't put it out with this Friday's new products. But then, I've noticed there often seems to be a lag between when a product is generally available, and when it shows up in the Sparkfun store. For example, the raspberry pi 8mp camera that was announced in April only made its way to the store today. And the two PJRC prop shields announced in March-ish came out two weeks ago.

While I still check every Friday, I tend to find a lot fewer new Sparkfun products that they design (as opposed to stuff like the Raspberry Pi camera, and the PJRC boards that they merely distribute) that I might consider buying on average than Adafruit.

Looks like Teensy 3.6 is available at my local MicroCenter. Yay!

Screenshot at 2016-10-22.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back