SD card with the 3.5/3.6 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrumpacker

I'm working with a 3.5 board and trying to modify the WaveFilePlayer example to work with the 3.5 What should the pin assignments for CS, MOSI, and SCK be. I tried heack of the options on the pin number card and the serial monitor just keeps saying it's Unable to access the SD card.

Thanks, Chris

I'm working with a 3.5 board and trying to modify the WaveFilePlayer example to work with the 3.5 What should the pin assignments for CS, MOSI, and SCK be. I tried heack of the options on the pin number card and the serial monitor just keeps saying it's Unable to access the SD card.

Thanks, Chris

you have to change yourself spi0 to spi1 in the software or use either https://github.com/WMXZ-EU/uSDFS or Bill Greiman's latest software (link somewhere in this forum) to access uSD on T3.5

Last edited:
If you mean the built-in SD card slot on the T3.5 it has its own dedicated SDIO interface, capable of much higher speeds (up to 20 MByte/sec on the T3.6!). The downside of that is the programming is different. I know the SdFat-Beta library does work with it, if you want to start there. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/36737-Try-SdFat-forTeensy-3-5-3-6?p=114355&viewfull=1#post114355

EDIT Note: in some examples, I had to change a line to enable the SDIO interface.
from https://github.com/greiman/SdFat-beta/blob/master/README.md
Code:
Teensy 3.5/3.6 SDIO support has been added. Try the TeensySdioDemo example. 
Many other example will work with Teensy SDIO if you use the SdFatSdio classes and call begin with no parameters.

Last edited:
Is there any example/instructions how to use it? Where? I am testing now with Teensy 3.6 Arduino 1.6.12 and the linked Teensyuino, but do not find examples that would work. Create file and write something to it and read the file example would help a lot.

Last edited:
Open any of the examples, from File > Examples > SD. Look from the line in the comments about the name to use with SD.begin().

So I assume it is these examples https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/SD/blob/master/examples/CardInfo/CardInfo.ino

I do not find SD.begin() on it but did try const int chipSelect = BUILTIN_SDCARD; with this result :

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.31-beta1, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, US English"

/Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/_3.6_SD_test/_3.6_SD_test.ino:39:24: error: 'BUILTIN_SDCARD' was not declared in this scope
const int chipSelect = BUILTIN_SDCARD;
^
Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
Used: /Users/Garug/Desktop/Arduino 1_6_12.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD
Not used: /Users/Garug/Desktop/Arduino 1_6_12.app/Contents/Java/libraries/SD
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/fire: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/fire
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/OSX: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/OSX
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SdFatBeta20120108: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SdFatBeta20120108
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SerialPortBeta20120106: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SerialPortBeta20120106
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/fire: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/fire
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/OSX: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/OSX
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SdFatBeta20120108: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SdFatBeta20120108
Invalid library found in /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SerialPortBeta20120106: /Users/Garug/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SerialPortBeta20120106

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

And do not know what is the correct library and how to tell to use it.

You've got version 1.31-beta1, which is too old. Support for the built in SD card was added in beta2. Since then, beta3 was published, with the same SD lib, but many other small improvements. Please update.

Where do I find that, I used the link you provided above (I think, will try again. I use MAC)

Edit: Installed again and now it seems to work, Thanks. Not sure where I got the Beta1 version...

Last edited:
Look in the announcements forum. Or follow the link from the Teensyduino download page.

Sorry, using a tablet from a hotel room... not my normal desktop where it's easy to copy links. I'm sure you can find it...

Thanks, I got it working as edited above, and good to know in future where to look for latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back