Add Second USB-Serial ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank B

How much work would it be to add a second USB Serial ?

Is it jut copy&paste and change the names ?

Is it jut copy&paste and change the names ?

And the USB endpoint and interface numbers.

The big question is what you'll need to do on each operating system to get the OS to recognize it. My guess is Mac and Linux are likely to just work. Windows might need a very special INF, which of course will need to be signed if it's used with anything newer than Windows XP. Unsigned INFs are the lowest priority and will be accepted by Windows (with much fiddling on the latest versions), but overridden by they're normal signed ones even if you do manage to install them on Windows 7 or later.

Last edited:
And the USB endpoint and interface numbers.

The big question is what you'll need to do on each operating system to get the OS to recognize it. My guess is Mac and Linux are likely to just work. Windows might need a very special INF, which of course will need to be signed if it's used with anything newer than Windows XP. Unsigned INFs are the lowest priority and will be accepted by Windows (with much fiddling on the latest versions), but overridden by they're normal signed ones even if you do manage to install them on Windows 7 or later.

Thanks Paul :)
Ok. i guess i don't want to waste time only to find out that windows does not like it in the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back