Please review my Eagle sch+brd files - first time user

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjrcbear

Hi,

My project is an audio equalizer that you plug "in series" with your source: you plug your headphones into it (it ends up into the audio adaptor's jack out), and it comes with a male jack that you plug into your audio source. Then you use the screen to set up the equalizer values.

I expect to use:
- 1 Teensy 3.1/3.2 (with the VIN/VUSB pads cut in the back for battery power use)
- 1 Audio Adaptor
- 1 Color Touchscreen
- 1 4xAAA battery holder
- 1 on/off switch
- 1 stereo audio jack male (soldered to the audio board's Line-In)

I've played around with Eagle to create a PCB that will interconnect all of the above. The Teensy & Audio Adaptor are going to be stacked, which explains why there is only one set of "2x14 teensy footprints" on the board. Then I put a few headers for the Screen (interconnected through a ribbon), the Battery Holder and the ON/OFF switch.

This is my first use of any PCB design software, and I'm not an EE guy (I'm a CS guy), so I could really use another set of eyes to tell me the stupid rookie mistakes I made. Don't hold back, I'm a newbie!

Please take a look at it and let me know.

I think all I have to attach is the brd & sch files. If that's not the case please let me know what else I need to provide.
View attachment EH_pjrcbear.zip

Many thanks in advance!

Well well well... I think the first mistake is I haven't put in any mounting holes... (for a board this size, I guess 3 is a good number?)

There seems to be a lot of wasted space. PCB's are charge per square area. So you always want to try and keep it small as possible.
There's no mounting holes. How are you going to fix it to anything.
Can you route it on one layer? Saves you even more and challanges your Routing skills.
Can you change the order of the pins so that you have straighter clean connections between the Teensy and your SIL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back