Unable to upload sketches

Status
Not open for further replies.

geobike

Environment:: MacBook Pro (Lat 2013, Sierra) running Parallels (Ver.: 12.0.2). Attempting to use Teensy 3.5 within a Win7x64 VM. I have Arduino 1.6.12 installed and have used it on Arduino boards. I downloaded the Teensyduino 1.31 Beta and went through it's installation. At the time of the installation, the Teensy 3.5 was plugged into the VM. The first attempt at the installation did install USB drivers. I requested that it install all of the libraries. During the installation process, it stopped and complained about a Java runtime library (dorry, didn't catch the name), and suggested that I quit all instances of Arduino. I did so, and restarted the install. Same issue. I then unplugged the Teensy 3.5 and attempted the install again. This time it ran to completion.

I started the IDE and loaded Blink. I could select the Teensy 3.5, but the "Port" menu item was greyed out. I was able to compile the sketch without issue. I then attempted to upload the sketch and I got the following error message:

Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot. Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.

I might add that the Teensy application was instantiated with the "Auto" button green and the "Press button ..." graphic showing. I pressed the button on the Teensy, the LED did stop blinking, but nothing happens.

I've rebooted the VM a number of times in addition to the MacBook Pro. Within the VM, the device manager occasionally shows a USB device with a yellow exclamation mark. I've also installed the VirtualPort driver. I'm expecting a COM port to show up when I press the button on the Teensy, but nothing shows in the device manager. FYI, I'm logged in as Administrator.

Any suggestions?

I have I believe Parallels 12 on my Mac book, again maybe same age early 2013 and the like, running MAC sierra. However I am running Windows 10 64 bit.

I installed Arduino current version, Teensyduino current beta, when I plugged in T3.6, The parallells asked me should the mac handle it or windows, I choose windows. I opened blink program and was able to do a download...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back