Who has already got his / her kickstarter teensies? (international shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
14671292_10211027806839369_779897784351647363_n.jpg
Few minutes ago, Turin Italy

I guess, the NSA still tries to install their special firmware on mine (like they do it for C*SCO and other hardware).

Maybe we should declare that we are not going to use our Teensies for military applications :p

?? They have economical reasons. Do you think they "optimize" the firmware for military buyers only ???? Nope.
But, ok, better lets stop this *g* I don't want to wait some weeks more :cool:

Did you have to pay any duties? What part of the UK do you live?
I'm still waiting for mine.

I didn't have to pay, but TelephoneBill did, though he got his a lot sooner than I did. Looks like luck of the draw with duty and delivery time. I'm in Buckinghamshire.

Damn, I just missed my teensies.

The post man was here today while I was at work and since I have to pay customs, he didn't leave the package in my mailbox.
Earliest time to collect it from the post office is at lunch time tomorrow.

Mine arrived today (UK). No duties to pay, possibly due to error on customs declaration form.
I'm not Complaining! Might have also been the reason for the delay, they (customs) may have been trying to decide whether duties should be levied.

My T3.5s landed in Eastern Canada today.

Looks like mine got here on the west coast about the same time...Wednesday or so, but just picked them up.

So that would be about one kilometer per hour average effective speed. Though in reality it's been to California and Ontario on its way here to Vancouver.

Now I have to figure out something to do with them so they don't languish in my drawer.

PvdD did you have to pay anything ? You're from Germany, right ?
I'm still waiting..

I had to pay import duties of 13,12€ based on an invoice amount of 77$. I also recognized that my package was opened by the german customs.
It seems they didn't just rely on the customs declaration.
Maybe thats the reason why it took quite a while.

One problem I had was that my package (2x T3.6) was declared with a value of $55, but I had paid $55 + $5 for international shipping. In Switzerland import duties/VAT are calculated from the value of the goods and the shipping costs. Because there was no information about shipping costs outside of the package, the customs did some guesswork and added $9 for shipping. For packages with a lower value than $62 I don't have to pay VAT. But now with the total of $55 + $9= $64, the value of my package is higher than $62 and I have to pay VAT ($6) + handling fee($18) = $24.

I can't prove the shipping costs, because the included "Commercial Invoice" shows "Total $55", the customs declaration on the package shows "Total $55", kickstarter shows $60 but not why they have added $5 to the $55 reward and the credit card shows "Total $60".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back