Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who has already got his / her kickstarter teensies? (international shipping)

Quote Originally Posted by HWGuy View Post
    One problem I had was that my package (2x T3.6) was declared with a value of $55, but I had paid $55 + $5 for international shipping. In Switzerland import duties/VAT are calculated from the value of the goods and the shipping costs. Because there was no information about shipping costs outside of the package, the customs did some guesswork and added $9 for shipping. For packages with a lower value than $62 I don't have to pay VAT. But now with the total of $55 + $9= $64, the value of my package is higher than $62 and I have to pay VAT ($6) + handling fee($18) = $24.

I can't prove the shipping costs, because the included "Commercial Invoice" shows "Total $55", the customs declaration on the package shows "Total $55", kickstarter shows $60 but not why they have added $5 to the $55 reward and the credit card shows "Total $60".
    Send an email to me directly. I can provide you with a commercial invoice that include shipping.

Did get a notification on saturday and picked up one of each (T3.5 and T3.6) yesterday at my local post office near Cologne, Germany. Had to pay 8,52€ customs fee.

Quote Originally Posted by genrege View Post
    Anyone in the UK received theirs? I'm still waiting. UK goes on the slow countries list!
    received mine a few days ago - had to pay duties
    Last edited by Pensive; 10-25-2016 at 09:20 PM.

Mine arrived today in lovely Bavaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    @Paul, i sent something to you, too - did it arrive ?
    YES!!!

Haven't had time to solder any part or do anything, but it looks really awesome.

My Teensy 3.6's arrived October 14th in Montreal (Canada), without any issues or hassle (delivered by Canada Post). Thank you! I look forward to experimenting with them!
    Cheers,
    Bill

Mine came on Friday 14 Oct by regular post

@Paul, If you do, pls. take a look at the errata, before Nothing dramatic, but useful to know.
    But it works good (at the moment as webradio).

I'm still planning v0.2 with the fixes, more capabilities, and easier to solder.

Shipping: I'm still waiting... getting a bit nervous, if it arrives..
    Last edited by Frank B; 10-27-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Mine arrived in the UK last week whilst I was away.

Paid import duties, but then had to pay the same again for the postal service to handle the import duties as UPS do not cover that.
    Added 55% to the cost of purchase. I guess thats why the UPS cost is so cheap, they do nothing,

One other note. If I had not got back today, and gone straight down to pick the packet up, apparently it would have been returned to sender tomorrow.

Living in South Germany, my Teensy 3.6 arrived last week, must have been around 24 October i think - no import duties or the likes to pay.

Still nothing has arrived here in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Has anyone in Holland gotten theirs yet? My last UPS update was from almost a month ago:

Fontana, CA, United States 10/03/2016 8:00 P.M. Package transferred to post office

Nothing since then....

Hi. First I would like to thank Paul for his fast actions in completing the pledges in such a short amount of time. This should be the fastest kickstarter campaign that I have ever participated.
    Until now I still have not received the package. I have not received any calls or letters from customs and post office about the package. Since there are no tracking no. there is no way I will get any feedback from the German Post about the status of the package. Maybe PRJC can contact UPS and inquire about the situation? Thank you.

I'm still waiting, too (Germany) - don't worry - let's wait a week more.
    (Ok, i'm in luck, because i have pre-production teensys..)

I'm still waiting for mine in the UK. Seems just about everyone else had had theirs.

I received an email on 27th September with tracking number 822070826900022703 and last tracking shows 3rd October - a month ago.

Really frustrating as it seems I could have already had them some time ago as they are now available "ex-stock" from some local UK web sites.

Is anyone else in the UK still waiting?

UPS states side seem to have dumped the packages onto US postal service,
    who snail mailed them the the UK, and dumped them into the UK postal system,

UK postal system seems to have then decide / decide not to add customs / import duty and to then add their 12 dollars to the cost for the privilege .

Then it will get sent to your local sorting office , who will ask you for the extra money..

All done on snail mail, slowest / cheapest shipping rates,
    so a month is not to bad

but can understand your frustration,

UKTechguy, I'm in the UK and still waiting too. Can't find my email from when it was shipped so can't check the limited tracking either.

Well at least I am not alone then - still nothing today (4th Nov) but mystery that other UK buyers had theirs over a fortnight ago.

I'm still waiting, too (Germany) - don't worry - let's wait a week more.
    (Ok, i'm in luck, because i have pre-production teensys..)
    I still have not yet received mine. How about you?

No. Still waiting.

Paul just messaged me on Kickstarter - apparently mine got returned to sender as a refused delivery!! It never even made it to me to be able to refuse it so goodness only knows how that happened (although I can guess...).

I got mine today. Had to pay 19% tax.

I got mine today. Had to pay 19% tax.
    Congratulations Frank! So different from the Beta shipments where because of time zones you got yours hours before me - and because of Proximity - I had my KS units about 6 weeks ago? 19% sounds like a lot

Yes... shipping from china is faster
    Ok, i've learned not to order anything above 25€ ..or whatever the exact limit is.
    Last edited by Frank B; 11-11-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Yes... shipping from china is faster
    Ok, i've learned not to order anything above 25€ ..or whatever the exact limit is.
    Congratulation!
    I am still waiting for mine though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jansen View Post
    Still nothing has arrived here in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Has anyone in Holland gotten theirs yet? My last UPS update was from almost a month ago:

Fontana, CA, United States 10/03/2016 8:00 P.M. Package transferred to post office

Nothing since then....
    same here, shipping to Germany. should i be worried? or contact UPS?