Who has already got his / her kickstarter teensies? (international shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PvdD

As I'm desperately looking into my mailbox after work every day, I wondered to which countries the kickstarter teensies have already been delivered.

I guess mine are stuck at the customs somewhere :-(

Waiting for two Teensy 3.6 and one Teensy 3.5 here in Germany.

Sadly, the 3 slow countries are Italy, Germany and Brazil. I wish there were a better answer, but there's nothing we can do about how slowly the postal services work. :(

I'm waiting too..
No problem.. I'm used to wait. Orders from China need much longer ..
I' not sure what the problem is with some orders from US. Orders from OSH-Park are faster, Orders from PCBS.io or others not.

@Paul, i sent something to you, too - did it arrive ?

My 3.6 arrived on Tuesday, the Oct 11 (Finland). I placed another order to PJRC shop in Oct 1, it was shipped in Oct 3, and also arrived last Tuesday. The same day as the Kickstarter award! (I didn't receive the PJRC shop shipment on Tuesday though, had to pay the VAT first.)

So, the service used for the Kickstarter awards was much slower than that one the PJRC normally uses. It was cheaper too, and it wasn't too slow, no complaints about that!

Still waiting in Vancouver. I'm only 300 mi / 500 km away but I bet that package logs 10,000 km. before I see it. I think it might have been faster via regular mail.

Not bothered though as I likely won't get around to a project that needs one for a while anyway.

Mine arrived yesterday in Berlin / Germany

Good to know that the shipments to Germany are also on their final approach :)

Hopefully I will get mine next week.

Did you have to sign for the package / envelope or have you just found it in your mailbox?

Good to know that the shipments to Germany are also on their final approach :)

Hopefully I will get mine next week.

Did you have to sign for the package / envelope or have you just found it in your mailbox?

I just had it in my mail, but it's always a lottery if customs are taking it and you have to wait for it.

Still waiting for mine on the East Coast of Canada. I ordered some other parts from PJRC about the same time, and they did come more quickly using standard mail ( 10 days instead of 17 days that have elapsed on the Kickstarter shipment).

Anyone in the UK received theirs? I'm still waiting. UK goes on the slow countries list!

UK is kind of funny about mail delivery. Some of the earliest international deliveries reported were to the UK. Hopefully yours will be delivered soon.

UK is kind of funny about mail delivery. Some of the earliest international deliveries reported were to the UK. Hopefully yours will be delivered soon.

Here's my UPS tracking history. I assume "Package transferred to post office" means arrival in the UK. I will continue to wait in hope!

Fontana, CA, United States 03/10/2016 20:00 Package transferred to post office
Fontana, CA, United States 01/10/2016 1:49 Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility
Fontana, CA, United States 30/09/2016 23:07 Package received for processing by UPS Mail Innovations
United States 26/09/2016 17:16 Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations

UK Info...

Robin dispatched my UK Kickstarter on 26 SEP 2016 via UPS Mail Innovation.

My delivery arrived in England at the "Border Force, Berkshire" on 09 OCT 2016 with a big red sticker saying "Customs Fee to Pay". It was then forwarded to "Royal Mail" on 11 OCT 2016 where they held it in custody at my local Yorkshire parcel sorting office, and they sent me a calling card (which arrived on 12 OCT 2016) telling me to bring ID in order to pick it up.

On a note attached to the parcel was a VAT charge of 7.72 pounds sterling, plus an 8.00 charge described as "Royal Mail International Handling Fee".

I checked out the Royal Mail Fee on their website and sure enough, they slap a fixed 8.00 pounds fee on all parcels where they collect a VAT charge on behalf of the UK Customs Border Force. Cheeky beggars - a bit steep I thought!! If the UK goes for BREXIT and want trade deals with the wider world, then they are going to have to devise a cheaper option for delivery taxes.

===

One small comment... I use breadboard, so will have to get hold of 0.1 inch pins strips of 24 pin length (times two for each board). I checked out eBay and it seems the standard length is 40 pins per strip. So this means I really need to buy two strips of 40 for each board) - then cut these down.

I have sent off to Hong Kong to buy 10 lengths. This usually takes 3 or 4 weeks.

It would be good if there was an easier method to get hold of these locally. Maplins (local UK) have 40 pin strips but they are premium price. Most UK suppliers will add a delivery charge on small orders.

Last edited:
If you have a dremel or other small rotary tool, you can usually use it to shave one end, so that you can use multiple male/female headers of various sizes, rather than cutting down larger sets of pins.

I do find with female headers when I make a smaller set from a 40 pin set by removing the 25th (or whatever pin) and using diagonal cutters, that I can get too close to the last pin, and sometimes have a bit of the pin exposed. I have several 13/23 pin headers where I cut it too close.

I do try to group things so that the delivery charge is spread over multiple items. It makes it less painful than paying more in delivery than the item is worth.

Last edited:
How is Canada Post doing... two negatives here, have you any confirmed yet?

I usually grumble about the federal layabouts who deliver the mail but my 2xT3.6+T3.5 arrived on Wednesday at around 1pm, here in sunny Saskatchewan. For now, they walk on water.

Pete

Sooh yer a Canadian eh? Careful badmouthing federal employees... you never know if you're talking with one ;)

Heh, it's only the mail man/woman (and FedEx + UPS) I badmouth and then only if something doesn't arrive when I expect it.

Pete

Hi another Brit here, still nothing received in the UK. OSH put 3.2s in a normal envelope, use normal post with a low value stated. Usually takes 7-10 days and no VAT/Customs to pay!!

Hi,

Got them last week in New Caledonia (checked mailbox oct 14).
I was really surprised since shippments are usually delayed 2-3 weeks due to customs. And double surprised since they didn't asked me any taxes :D

FWIW my 3.5 & 3.6 arrived here in South Australia 6 days ago... on Tues 11th Oct. Pretty impressive as not many places in the world could be further from PJRC-land !

Ninja2, Mine will have to travel another 2000km further west than yours. Mind you they still are not here so they must be taking the very scenic route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back