DMXReceiver and FastLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some problems when combining these 2 libraries. I am not using Octows2811 because of the additional functionality (hue, wave functions and text mostly) that FastLED gives me.

On my teensy 3.2 I get the led's to display perfectly when there is no dmx data on the line. That is the dmx ISR is started but there is no DMX data to read. The moment I get dmx data and switch from demo mode control to dmx control, the pixels go beserk. I can see the correct dmx values being read and the correct (same) procedures started, bit the led's light up and flicker randomly. It looks as if the unerlying display did happen but the flickering is intense and a lot. It seems to cover the initial half of the strip which is arranged in a matrix of 35 x 7.

I suspect there are interrupt issues but I have tried everything I could think of and tried quite a few ideas gleaned form this forum but to no avail. Previously I used the DmxReceiver and OctoWs2811 together quite efficiently.

Anyone has any ideas for me?

Tried that, but the result was the same. WHn I say tried that I mean that I looked at the example shipped with FastLED and that does a define and an an include, for the rest it looks the same - still uses fastled.show

I am just looking at that now and realised I did not. But there is a snag. I am also using the LedText and LedMatrix classes, which I THINK derives the FastLED class and its method does not seem to recognise the Addleds template with <OCTOWS2811>

I am now looking to see if I can create a second LED object directly from FastLED that I then feed the values from their object. Sounds complicated and slow.

Hi Chris

I am having the same issue, did you manage to resolve the clash between FastLED and the frame processing in DMXReceiver ?

Not sure what your issues are. In the end I used the OCTOWS2811 driver from Fastled:

#include <DmxReceiver.h>
#define USE_OCTOWS2811
#include <OctoWS2811.h>

#define LED_PIN 2
#define COLOR_ORDER GRB
#define CHIPSET OCTOWS2811

FastLED.addLeds<CHIPSET>(leds[0], leds.Size());

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back