Teensy 3.6 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanos_el

Hello,
Just received today the Teensy 3.6.
I've plugged it into the usb the led it's not blinking. Also my mac is not recognizing it as a usb serial device.

I measured the voltage on the 3.3v pins and i'm getting the right voltage. Is there anything else i can try before contacting the store i purchased it?

Thank you

Is this a phone charger USB cable? Many charger microUSB cables only have the power and ground lines, and not the data lines, which would cause you to receive power to the board, but no communication to the PC (or Mac). I would expect the pre-burned blink program to still run though...

Yes in that situation the blink would still run.
Its a normal cable the same as the one i was using with the teensy 3.2

I assume you have tried, to program the board?

When it ships it will not create a USB Serial device.

Try loading up the blink example program in the Arduino IDE. Choose Teensy 3.6 in the boards menu, choose Serial as the USB type and then click verify. Once the verify completes, the Teensy loader program will load.
Now click on the program button on the chip and see if it will download a program to the Teensy 3.6

I've tried to do what you described and im getting the following error even if i press the program button on the teensy to manually enter program mode.
Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back