Propshiled - polyphonic audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

vspear

Is it possible to play Polyphonic channel stereo like the Audio shield for a T 3.2 with the Propshield only?

It would be great to have some tested opinions from the experts. I think the T 3.2+ Audio card still holds its own, but then we have the Propshield with built in mono audio Amp, 2W. Can I at least play 4 channel polyphonic with the Propshield, mono output being fine?

Vic

If you haven't used the audio design tool yet, or seen the tutorial video, please take a look.

The basic idea is you can interconnect these various audio objects in the design tool. If you want to use the prop shield, just put the "dac" output onto the canvas instead of the "i2s" output.

If you haven't used the audio design tool yet, or seen the tutorial video, please take a look.

The basic idea is you can interconnect these various audio objects in the design tool. If you want to use the prop shield, just put the "dac" output onto the canvas instead of the "i2s" output.

Very useful video tutorial. I assume that only the .RAW format is supported by the PropShield as opposed to .WAV since the design tool only offers PlayFlashRaw?

Tested Frank's beta test example and sample halloween files, playing one by one. Realized I had not soldered the five pins near the button side due to being in a hurry to get some sound, so I jury rigged wires to connect them. Works fine indeed and dac1.analogReference(EXTERNAL) is tested as much louder than without this setting.

Before I do the polyphonic tests of the same sound files, I'm hunting for at least one example now where this statement from Paul was applied:
"If you need finer volume control, you will have to use a mixer in your design. Feed the final audio into one of the mixer inputs, and connect the mixer to the DAC. Then you can use the mixer gain(channel, level) function to change the volume."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back