Anyone knows if the Teensy 3.6 USB is faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!
Where did you buy this display ?
Do you think i can use it for the C64-EMU ? (It must be able to refresh the whole display-content with 50HZ)
Anyway, it sounds fun..

Though the display has an internal 8MB framebuffer which amounts to 32 full frames, the T36 does not contain enough RAM for a single 480x272 frame. However, it may be possible if you don't mind dealing with less than full frame updates per render pass, but double buffering is an option here.
I got it from here many years ago: http://www.lcdinfo.com/products/usbd480-wq43.html

Here are two professionally produced videos of the Teensy+display, I'm expecting a call from Hollywood any moment..
Short:
Longer:

(Videos are displaying at 30fps, recording at 25fps)

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I'm following this thread with interest (and the patience of a saint!).
For some time now, members of the R2 Builders Club have used an Arduino Mega (or ADK) along with a USB Bluetooth dongle and UHS2.0 library to control droids using Bluetooth Playstation controllers. With the Arduino Mega ADK phased out, the Teensy 3.6 will be a fantastic future upgrade as soon as the BT functions of the UHS library is supported.
The amount of work involved in this is gobsmacking; but know that it is much appreciated!

I took a couple of days to write a driver for USB HS device mode and it's mostly working, except for control transfers with an OUT data stage. All other transfer types are working in my implementation.

I've never worked on USB before, so I am probably confused on how to receive the payload... once I've parsed the setup stage, I prime my endpoint to receive (but never get an interrupt for EPCOMPLETE). Is that not correct?

edit: Never mind. I wasn't respecting the bmRequestType field on the setup packet.

So does this mean you can transfer between a Teensy and a host PC using High Speed USB (ie, 480 Mbps)? What kind of transfer speed are you getting? Is your code available?

Hi Paul,
While trying to figure out why my Garmin Ant+ dongle isn't 'reading', I noticed a typo here: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/USBHost_t36/blob/master/ehci.cpp#L170, that 32 should be PERIODIC_LIST_SIZE.

Also; The USBHost library doesn't support Isochronous transfers, which my dongle requires, is there any possibility of future support of this? I understand the concept of isochronous data transfers, but I have no clue how this could be realised in to ehci.cpp, but still studying.

Also; The USBHost library doesn't support Isochronous transfers, which my dongle requires, is there any possibility of future support of this? I understand the concept of isochronous data transfers, but I have no clue how this could be realised in to ehci.cpp, but still studying.

Of course isoschronous is possible, and I'll probably do it someday, but that day isn't likely to be anytime soon. Going to put a lot of much-needed work into the audio library and website improvements, and probably many more USB drivers before tackling the complexity of isoschronous transfer support.

Of course isoschronous is possible, and I'll probably do it someday, but that day isn't likely to be anytime soon. Going to put a lot of much-needed work into the audio library and website improvements, and probably many more USB drivers before tackling the complexity of isoschronous transfer support.

Given the lack of isoschronous prevalence within community that's totally understandable. That being said, I'm making some headway of my own; as of today both my Ant+ sensors (combined bike sensor and a heart rate monitor/strap) are finally communicating and transmitting data.

Frank - this looks like it could be an interesting option for T3.6 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142158928979

Indeed, thanks.
I add it to my list .. don't know when i have time for it :)

The display is 99€ plus a not acceptable price for shipping to Germany (for the shipping only I could buy TWO ILI9341..). I'm not going to buy it.
That's all a hobby, and I mostly "make" things that others might use too. That's unlikely with these costs, unfortunately.

Last edited:
For some time now, members of the R2 Builders Club have used an Arduino Mega (or ADK) along with a USB Bluetooth dongle and UHS2.0 library to control droids using Bluetooth Playstation controllers. With the Arduino Mega ADK phased out, the Teensy 3.6 will be a fantastic future upgrade as soon as the BT functions of the UHS library is supported.

It's on the to-do list. I recently purchased 2 of the bluetooth adaptors UHS supports. But I've never used them, or other BT stuff really. If you can give me any info about your setup and how these are actually used, it might help me get set up for testing.

Robin is a big R2 & astro-mech fan, by the way...

Would a board like this be useful ?

usb.png
The plan is to solder it on top on the teensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back