Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: Bat detector

Question about the software:
    In the manual "TeensyBat User Manual V 1.3.pdf" it says on page 1:
    "Right Button (R-Button). ........... Long press to write a screen capture to SD if card present."

It seems this is not working in the software version I use: TB_V131_T41_DEEPSLEEP_PWM.hex

Do I do something wrong? Do I need another version? Or is there a bug/omission?

Regards, Eef

Quote Originally Posted by aristo_eef View Post
    Question about the software:
    In the manual "TeensyBat User Manual V 1.3.pdf" it says on page 1:
    "Right Button (R-Button). ........... Long press to write a screen capture to SD if card present."

It seems this is not working in the software version I use: TB_V131_T41_DEEPSLEEP_PWM.hex

Do I do something wrong? Do I need another version? Or is there a bug/omission?

Regards, Eef
    Hi Eef,

This should work, be aware that you need to press the button for at least 2 seconds. When the screen has been recorded a * will appear on top of the screen.
    The functionality is NOT available during replay or recording to SD.

If you have done this and the problem persists, than I suggest using the HEX 2: BASE with DEBUG enabled version. That will allow debugging potential problems over the serial-port.

cheers
    Cor

Quote Originally Posted by CorBee View Post
    This should work, be aware that you need to press the button for at least 2 seconds. When the screen has been recorded a * will appear on top of the screen.
    The functionality is NOT available during replay or recording to SD.
    Thank you, Cor. I did see the asterisk in the V-shape. And could see the bmp-file. Is there also a way to view the bitmaps on the teensybatdetector itself?

No, this is built in to document screens for debug purposes. So you will need to download the BMPs from the SDcard.

Thanks for reporting back !

Cor

I found a problem with the waterfall and spectrum display! After my update (Teensy 4.1) today, the display of a sound source stops about every 5 seconds but then continues again.

Regards

Jürgen
    Last edited by josh911; 06-03-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josh911 View Post
    I found a problem with the waterfall and spectrum display! After my update (Teensy 4.1) today, the display of a sound source stops about every 5 seconds but then continues again.

Regards

Jürgen
    Hi Jurgen,

I havent heard this yet so I wonder what causes this. The changes we have made recently should not affect the functionality of your display. Its for me unclear which version you are using and what settings (GPS/No GPS etc etc) are active. Difficult to say what causes your problem.

cheers
    Cor

Hi Cor,

I use the version 4.1 from 19.04.22, the problem occurs with me also with the default settings. GPS is off.
    The previous software had no problems with the display.

Regards

Jürgen

You mean you are using one of the HEX files from:
    https://github.com/CorBer/teensy_bat...%20development

Like I said, the changes we have made in that update are not logically related to the screen. I also have not seen any other report on this so its unclear to guess what is going wrong for you.
    Sorry.

Cor

I did experience something similar after compiling the latest code. Somehow there was an older set of core files that I used. I recompiled right afterwards with #1.54-stable-release and the problem was gone (as far as I know) The file date inside the zipfiles on my website is 20/4.

Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by pe1pwf View Post
    I did experience something similar after compiling the latest code. Somehow there was an older set of core files that I used. I recompiled right afterwards with #1.54-stable-release and the problem was gone (as far as I know) The file date inside the zipfiles on my website is 20/4.

Edwin
    Hi Edwin

thanks for your quick reply, I had installed the old version of 16.04! Now everything is as it should.

Regards

Jürgen