Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Bat detector

Hi Edwin,

thanks a lot for all your help and the video, that explains a lot to me and answers a lot of questions!

Some things react differently in my setup:

* when I switch to the spectrum, it shows one static spectrum all the time, not a dynamic spectrum
    * when I switch to waterfall again, it often takes some minutes to show a waterfall again, even if I increase gain
    * when I start to record, it shows "RECORDING", but I cannot stop the recording by pressing the left encoder push button. There is no reaction any more, although the heterodyne sound still works. The recordings are present on the SD card, but are of a size of zero bytes

Maybe I am using a wrong sketch? I took the one from message #159
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/38988...l=1#post191560

All the best,

Frank DD4WH

Compiled the code again and uploaded it to the Teensy.

Now the spectrum works and the switching between display modes works as expected! Nice.

Recording does not work: Tried more than 20 times with four different brands and sizes of SD cards [also formatted the SD card with SDFormatter]:

* go to Record with left encoder
    * then I press the right encoder button, the text "RECORDING" appears [oddly, it is printed at different positions every time I try to record !?]
    * after that, the detector does not react any more, not when I press any button, neither when I turn an encoder
    * I have to cut power to start the detector again

So, I am stuck now. Probably I am using a different sketch. Did you compile with 180MHz?

Which version of SDFAT lib are you using??? Could that be a cause?

All the best,

Frank DD4WH

seems I had an "old" version of the uSDFS lib (February 2018), now I updated the lib (March 2018) and recording works!

But how can I adjust the sample rate for my playback? It seems it is always 8ksps, so recordings with 352ksps take 44 times as long to play back, which is a bit boring to listen too ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by DD4WH View Post
    seems I had an "old" version of the uSDFS lib (February 2018), now I updated the lib (March 2018) and recording works!

But how can I adjust the sample rate for my playback? It seems it is always 8ksps, so recordings with 352ksps take 44 times as long to play back, which is a bit boring to listen too ;-).
    Turning the right encoder button at playback will set playback rate between 8 and 44 Khz, you can see the value in the right top corner.

hello guys I use a temperature sensor and a rtc module in the bat detector, this infrared temperature sensor mlx90614 uses i2c communication just like the rtc module, since the tenssy 3.6 has more pins sda and scl as I can assign these pins to these sensors, which are not the 18 and the 19 that are the pins that the audio shield uses, or they recommend me to use a multiplexer?

On one pair of I2C pins (i.e. pins 18/19), you can run up to 120 I2C devices under the condition that these have all different I2C addresses and they are all communicating at the same speed (default 400kB/s). There is no need for a multiplexer or whatever. Just thoughtful and purposeful circuit design and code development.

Quote Originally Posted by Theremingenieur View Post
    On one pair of I2C pins (i.e. pins 18/19), you can run up to 120 I2C devices under the condition that these have all different I2C addresses and they are all communicating at the same speed (default 400kB/s). There is no need for a multiplexer or whatever. Just thoughtful and purposeful circuit design and code development.
    then I would have to connect the pins of the audio shield, the rtc module and the mlx90614 sensor in the pins 18/19 and specify in the code the addres of each one to read the data of each, you have an example of how I can perform What do you mention?