Reboot Teensy 3.2 programmatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjrcbear

Hi,

I thought I read in one of the posts Paul explaining how to do it, but I can't seem to find it anymore.
What's the recipe?

Thanks!

There's a couple different things you might mean by "reboot".

To reset Teensy, where USB disconnects and your program reboots as if the power had just come up, write to the SCB_AIRCR register.

To reboot to the bootloader, use _teensyduino_reboot_().

There's a couple different things you might mean by "reboot".

To reset Teensy, where USB disconnects and your program reboots as if the power had just come up, write to the SCB_AIRCR register.

To reboot to the bootloader, use _teensyduino_reboot_().

Thanks!
I was looking for the former. That works!

There is no possible way to reset or reboot Teensy 3.1/3.2 in Windows 7 without causing a USB COM port disconnect/disappearance problem described in detail as in the posts linked above, unless using TyQT?

Anytime the Teensy USB goes offline - unplugged/reset/program/hang - Windows will detect that as a "USB COM port disconnect/disappearance". Even with TYQT and/or Windows 10. The Teensy needs to re-initialize USB on any restart AFAIK.

TYQT is just faster and more functional/reliable at reconnect than IDE SerMon as I have seen on Windows.

Paul or others could say why - either the change in signal levels on the cable, or a failure of a keep alive message in some combination?

Tried the command _teensyduino_reboot_(). But the Arduino compiler does not recognize the command and gives an error:

Code:
error: 'teensyduino_reboot' was not declared in this scope

Do I need to include anything to use this command?

i am on Arduino 1.6.1 and teensyduino 1.23 and have a Teensy 3.2, though Teensyduino is set to Teensy 3.1.

The spelling is wrong. It's '_reboot_Teensyduino_()', declared in 'core_pins.h'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back