Teensy gamepad no longer working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilzzz

I am having issues with a Teensy 2.0 that has a few buttons wired up which acts as keyboard/mouse/gamepad. I programmed it with Arduino and it is really simple and bare bones.
It all worked beautifully for a few months but I haven't connected the Teensy to my PC recently. Now I want to use it again so I plugged it in and Windows recognises it, but the buttons don't work in any games.
So I investigated a bit and in joy.cpl I see that the Teensy controller doesn't show any axis or buttons. See the image:
ltW5jeB.png
The thing is that a HTML5 Gamepad Tester page actually recognises the Teensy and the buttons show up and appear to work:
6zPY3q4.jpg
I tried removing drivers, replugging the Teensy and even reinstalling Teensyduino etc but I can't get it to work again. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
I am running Windows 10 64x and I suspect this issue is because of the Anniversary update, but that's just my gut feeling.

Incidentally, I can't program the Teensy with the code (or even gamepad example) that used to work any more. Arduino gives an "'Joystick' was not declared in this scope" error.

Note, I have not tried using a Teensy for a Joystick (yet), but my first guess on maybe why Joystick is not declared.

in the Arduino IDI, in the tools menu, what is your current setting for: USB Type?

Does it include Joystick? Like the Option; keyboard+Mouse+Joystick? If so the Basic example installed with Teensy compiles...
Note I am using 1.6.12 and Beta2 current Teensyduino...

You're right. I don't know how I missed that, since I was sure I selected keyboard+mouse+joystick. I've just now tried it with the correct usb type and I no longer get the error.
I've uploaded the buttons example to a spare Teensy 2.0 but I still have the same issue as before: the test page on the joystick settings panel shows no axes or buttons.

I'm experiencing the same thing, was this ever figured out? I have 2 Teensy 2.0 based "Retroconnectors" and I get that same test page for both on Windows 8.1 x64. I've installed the latest IDE and teensyduino libraries and compiled the vendor's code and I get the same behavior. No errors in Device Manager as well.

I don't think I ever solved this issue. I stopped using that controller and I can't really try it anymore.

Recently I started using a new Teensy 2.0 for a new project and remember having some sort of issue, but I cannot remember what it was (maybe it was the same, I also totally forgot I ever had the above issue).
What I do remember is that that particular problem was caused setting USB type to keyboard+mouse+joystick. That setting seems to be bugged if I recall correctly.
When changing it to serial+keyboard+mouse+joystick, it worked like expected. Which USB type did you use? Maybe you can try to switch to serial+keyboard+mouse+joystick.

Let me know if it solved your issue.

Thanks for the fast reply, that serial+keyboard+mouse+joystick worked for me as well, tried it a little while ago after finding it via a search.

It only seems to happen on some computers. My windows 7 box it doesn't happen, Windows 8.1 it happens with both of my Teensy boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back