Arduino Windows Store App

I have just installed it, here is the location: C:\program files\windowsapps\arduinollc.arduinoide_1.6.11.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt
When I try to install Teensyduino, the ''Next'' button is always disabled, also happens when I select the hardware folder.

Note: the Windowsapps folder in ''C:\program files\ '' is hidden, and can't be accessed. First time I see a folder that can't be accessed lol.

I tried to install to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt and the Next-button works, but then installation stops when it tries to write hardware/tools/teensy.exe . I tried to give write permissions to hardware and subfolders, but that didn't help. It is possible to install other boards e.g. Microbit using Arduino Windows Store App, because that installs in Documents\ArduinoData, see https://learn.adafruit.com/use-micro-bit-with-arduino/ . I think TeensyduinoInstall.exe should be changed so that one can use Arduino Store App.

supporting a windows app can bring teensy and arduino to the windows RT field for budget tablets (arm)

At this time I have no plans for Windows Store support.

But even if I did, Windows RT (ARM) support would first depend on Arduino supporting Windows RT. The first big obstacle is the gcc toolchain, which is cross compiled from Linux - requiring a working mingw cross compiler environment targeting Windows RT. Modern versions of Arduino also have some native (C/C++) programs and now some Google Go stuff, plus the serial library which has native code. All of those would need to be ported to Windows RT by Arduino. Seems unlikely. Then again, they did finally support Linux ARM, so maybe not impossible.

At this time I have no plans for Windows Store support.

A note of this on the getting started could have saved me 30 mins in google searching only to find this forum post. LOL. Making a note of the Windows Store version not being supported will save a lot of that frustration and about 30+ mins of time.
Thanks!

Did you know that you can install teensy in the "sketchbook folder"

And by that way use teensy in Windows App without even touching the original (Arduino IDE) install.

I just tried to copy all teensy related stuff inside a hardware folder located at the above folder
(including the tools folder, with compilers and stuff)

And compiled a sketch without any problem

Back