Teensyduino Upload error

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrOldies

In the middle of testing a sketch my Teensy 3.6 started reporting “Port failed to open.”
Setup:
Teensy 3.6 and Teensyduino 1.31 beta #3. I tried 2 separate Teensy 3.2s, different USB cables and PC ports - same errors. Also tried a MEGA 2560. It uploads with no errors.

To test the teensyduino uploader I reinstalled the teensyduino beta, but the installer says: “WIN 10 USB Serial Driver Found.”

How can I remove the USB driver to do a fresh install, or move down to 1.32?
Any other suggestions?

Just upload "blink" - there is a bug in your sketch that prevents working USB (USB is in software)

Maybe this is too obvious, but please make sure the correct port is selected in Tool > Ports.

Arduino menu uses the Ports setting for upload. Teensy doesn't. Uploading is done automatically with HID protocol, not serial. When run sketch starts running, the port appears in the menu. Allow a few seconds for you operating system to detect it. Then use the Ports menu before you open the serial monitor.

If you're used to regular Arduino, this may seem strange, but it's done this way because Teensy never uses serial for uploading you code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back