Announcement thread for Teensydunio 1.31 seems to be missing

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
I recall Paul posting the release of 1.31 in the announcements section when I was reading the thread at work. Now that I'm at home (where the Teensy stuff is installed), I don't see that thread any more in the announcements section. The normal link for downloads: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html works and it points to Teensydunio 1.31.

I'm sure Paul already has this on the list, but one of the features of 1.31 is adding support for the two DAC's of the 3.5/3.6 (AudioOutputAnalogStereo) and also AudioInputAnalogStereo. The Audio Design Tool doesn't seem to have added support for these (http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/).

Did you see this?

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/39059-Teensyduino-1-31-Beta-3-Available?p=122724&viewfull=1#post122724

Ok, it's done. Teensyduino 1.31 is finally released. :)

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Teensyduino Revision History
Version 1.31

Add support for Arduino 1.6.12
Arduino SD library support 4 bit SDIO on Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 (special thanks WMXZ)
Fix EEPROM on Teensy 3.6 with CPU speed > 120 MHz (special thanks Defragster)
Update FlexCAN library for CAN1 on Teensy 3.6 (Pawelsky)
Update OctoWS2811 to support Teensy 3.5 & 3.6
Fix USB serial number on Teensy 3.6 with CPU speed > 120 MHz
Fix audio I2S output on Teensy 3.6 with CPU speed > 120 MHz when also using I2S input
Support Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 on older versons of Arduino
Fix SPI1 default SCK1 pin (KurtE)
Optimize attachInterrupt (tni)
Improve USB stability on Teensy 3.6 with CPU 180 or 216 MHz
Add USB MIDI custom name example
Fix Adafruit_ST7735 on Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 (MichaelMeissner)
Many library metadata files updated for PlatformIO
Fix Ethernet library socket receive bug (thanks ElOtroMateo)
Fix compiler warnings, eg: kinetis_hsrun_enable unused
Serial buffer sizes override from command line (Frank B)
Stream find functions use const for pointers
Add AudioOutputAnalogStereo and AudioInputAnalogStereo
Add Audio reverb effect (Joao Rossi Filho)
Add Audio waterfall spectrum example (Nathaniel Quillin)
Fix USB Audio on Windows when used with USB Serial
Fix auto-reboot for newer USB types
Fix serial monitor for newer non-serial USB types
Many ILI9341_t3 improvements (Frank B, Kurt E, Softegg)
SerialFlash allows other SPI ports (Martino Facchin)
Teensy Loader shows correct images for Teensy 3.5 & 3.6
Improved handling of float INF & NAN (Frank B)
Bundle libpng12 & libusb10 libraries, missing from some Linux distros.

Betas seem to get announcement topics but releases don't. I made a suggestion a while back to put release announcemts in a new topic not in a beta thread. A new topic and a closing post with a link to the new release topic in the beta thread would be how I would do it.

I'm sure Paul already has this on the list, but one of the features of 1.31 is adding support for the two DAC's of the 3.5/3.6 (AudioOutputAnalogStereo) and also AudioInputAnalogStereo. The Audio Design Tool doesn't seem to have added support for these

Attempting to simply add a second DAC compiles and uploads to a T3.6, but the sketch does not run in the target device. I will experiment further tonight.

Attempting to simply add a second DAC compiles and uploads to a T3.6, but the sketch does not run in the target device. I will experiment further tonight.
I was able to get this to build and work, HOWEVER it would only work if you used one or the other, not both. This is due to how the DMA is setup where both used the same source (PDB0). Paul mentioned in other thread one might be able to get it to work with both if you do something like chain the DMA buffers or the like. I think his approach of making a stereo object probably makes more sense.

My synthesizer uses the audio shield for audio output. I have been using DAC0 for an LFO output. I replaced the two separate DAC instances with the new DACS object. The sketch compiles and runs. DAC0 now puts out LFO1 as it always did, but something strange comes out of DAC1. I have a waveform object (LFO2) connected to in1 with no other connections. I don't get the waveform audio at the DAC pin. I seem to get a distorted version of one of my main audio outputs from the audio shield.

This could be a yet undiscovered wiring error on my hardware, but I'm out of time right now. I'll get back to it later tonight.

A simple sketch with a pair of waveforms 200 Hz sine, 150 Hz triangle, each wired to one of the inputs to DACS and the same input on I2S works fine. I get the proper tone in the headphones (I2S) and see it on the scope (DACS). What's getting broken in my synth? Tomorrows challenge.

I loaded up the "guitar" example with the output playing out the I2S port through the audio adapter. I set up two waveform objects to make the 150 Hz triangle and 200 Hz sine routed to the DACS outputs. All worked correctly, so there is obviously something broken in my synth hardware or software. I will begin the divide and conquer technique later today.

Back