Teensyduino Pi tames WAN mouse: Beavis nears the finish line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beavis

Thanks for the help with Teensyduino and Teensy Loader you gave about one month ago. Things are actually starting to come together for Beavis (finally!) I can now remotely upload code to my Teensy3.2, thanks to Teensyduino supporting RPi, and to Arduino for releasing the ARM version. So anyway, if I may, just a couple of loose ends to tie up:

Your site has info for USB Mouse under Code Library, and also under Teensyduino. Is the Code Library documention for an earlier version that had to be installed separately, while the current version comes ready to go as part of Teensyduino? Are #include <usb_mouse.h> and usb_init() no longer needed? If everything is working, I wouldn't really need stuff like: usb_configured(), USB Debug Message Functions, or HID Listen? The "wheel" parameter has spun-off to become Mouse.scroll? And Mouse.click was made for convenience of use, and only for the left button? If I've already answered my own questions, maybe just confirm by, like, "Yes - yes - yup - nope - guess not!"

OK, better question: in comments found in Tensy code examples, you say that Mouse.screenSize is used for scaling purposes. Is it only used when Mouse.moveTo is used? Could any problems come from NOT using it? Must it only be used in setup(), and just the one time?

Thanks

Others can provide more current help but my understanding using a teensy 3.2 you use the device->usb mouse option rather than the library add method to get the mouse functions with the current docs the ones you found https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_mouse.html and as per the usb mouse examples. Have not tested it but reading that page suggests that you don't need to set scaling unless you are trying to do absolute positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back