help for REVERB effect memory usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

danixdj

Hi, i'm working on my sketch and i have a question, why the new "reverb" effect use so much memory?

without reverb object i have about 60% free memory on my teensy 3.2, with reverb object i have 4% only... 56% for the reverb? :confused:

I have memoryboard4 also and i can use it for the reverb, it's possible?

Thanks

it is possible - but you have to write the code for it. Would be great if you post it.

all the code it's impossible, i'm working to a sketch with delay, beatcrasher, reverb, oled library, pots, encoders.... it's crazy :)

i use this parameter reverb:

> AudioEffectReverb reverb1; //xy=499,552
> reverb1.reverbTime(0);
> and a pot for reverbTime from 0 to 10

all work fine, only when a use the reverb object i have memory problem...

I would think that is too much. A 10s buffer at Fs = 44.1k equates to roughly 3448 audio blocks. That wont fit in the internal Teensy ram.

The reverb library uses over 38kB of ram for various buffers. That's about 59% of the free ram in a T3.2, which is about what you are seeing.
With all the other stuff you mentioned in the sketch, I think you're going to need to upgrade to a T3.5 or T3.6

Pete

some advice?

Easy answer: just use Teensy 3.6.

Hard answer: dig into the code, maybe try turning some of those 32 bit integers into only 16 bit? But that's a tough uphill battle, since it already seems to have some issues with higher amplitude signals.

Pretty much impossibly hard answer: edit the code to use the memoryboard RAM.....

Other answer: Try FreeVerb. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/28186-Freeverb-for-teensy

Last edited:
Easy answer: just use Teensy 3.6.

Hard answer: dig into the code, maybe try turning some of those 32 bit integers into only 16 bit? But that's a tough uphill battle, since it already seems to have some issues with higher amplitude signals.

Other answer: Try FreeVerb. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/28186-Freeverb-for-teensy

I can't use 3.6 for now... I have a specific enclosure for my project and 3.6 is too big.

I'm working on the variables but it's very difficult, the audio object works with float var and i must to use it for .x numbers. :(

Now i see freeverb, thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back