Arduino 1.6.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you're seeing the bug that got into 1.32. Here is the fix:

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/40798-Teensyduino-1-33-Beta-2-Available

Then again, lots of other things could be wrong. Hard to say with so little info. We don't even know if you use Windows, Linux or Mac, not to mention the actual error messages you're getting. If that version doesn't solve your problem, please post a more detailed message. Remember, we can't see your screen or what steps you're actually doing. Without details, it's almost impossible to help solve whatever's wrong.

Well I did say in my post I was using windows 7. Pretend you are new to this environment and download the current version of Arduino and the current version of Teensyduino and try to compile the RF24 Gettingstarted_Handlingdata sketch. Select a Teensy 3.2 as target chip. So now you know the OS, the environment and the code. Basically it says it can't compile for teensy 3.2. I had an older version of both Arduino and Teesyduino and removed the current stuff and installed it and the code compiles. I don't know what other details you need.

Tried that. It compiles without error. Teensy 3.2, Arduino 1.6.13 and TD 1.33 beta 2 on Windows 7.

Basically it says it can't compile for teensy 3.2
You still haven't grasped that "it can't compile" isn't the useful part of the error message. Unless you are going to post the actual error message and all the error messages that lead up to that, there's no way we can help. All it takes is for you to copy and paste. Try it.

Pete

I just compiled RF24 Gettingstarted_Handlingdata without error on Linux with Arduino 1.6.13 and Teensyduino 1.33.

My Windows test machine currently has Windows 10 installed. I'm creating a backup image, and then I'll re-image it to fresh copy of Windows 7. Who knows, maybe this is a Windows-only issue? Seems unlikely... but in 20 minutes or so I should be able to confirm on Windows 7.

Yup, compiled here too (after a lengthy step of re-imaging my test machine back to Windows 7).

Capture.png

I don't know what other details you need.

Look, now that we've gone to quite a bit of effort to prove it does indeed work (time which could have been spent helping solve your problem), if you want help you've going to have to post detailed info.

That info comes from 3 places. First, there's message in Arduino. You can copy to clipboard, or a button to do so should appear when any error occurs. Next, there's a Verbose Info window in Teensy Loader's Help menu. It has a Log menu to save, or you can copy it too. The last one is a bit harder. It's a file named teensy_reboot_log.txt, but it's in your temporary folder. On Windows, by default that folder is hidden, so some special steps are needed to access it to get that file.

Latest: Went to another computer that never had arduino/tennsyduino before, installed there and everything worked fine. When I get past this weekend where I have a show and tell I'll try updating the computer that had a problem and see if it works there also.
Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back