Teensyduino 1.32 Beta #1 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a first beta test for Teensyduino 1.32.

Edit: old beta test linkes removed. Full non-beta release is here:
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Changes since Teensyduino 1.31:

• Support for Arduino 1.6.13
  • Serial monitor shows status in title bar, Arduino 1.6.13 only
  • Ethernet library now supports W5500 chip
  • Fix SD library with old SD cards on Teensy 3.5 & 3.6
  • Fix IntervalTimer start/stop bug
  • Fix Audio library SPI hogging with Teensy 3.5/3.6 build in SD card (Frank B)
  • Libraries updated: Snooze, Time, TimerThree

"Blink" works as advertised, using Teensy 3.2, 64-bit Linux Mint ("Sarah") Cinnamon, and Ubuntu 16.04 on an old Dell Inspiron 1545, and Arduino IDE 1.6.13
Matt

I cant get it to install on a brand new windows 10 rca tablet, it pops up a compatability wizard thingy and does nothing. what do I need to give you the info you need?

I cant get it to install on a brand new windows 10 rca tablet, it pops up a compatability wizard thingy and does nothing. what do I need to give you the info you need?

How did you install Arduino and which version?

If you used the windows installer, try right clicking on Teensyduino app you download and "Run as Administrator"

installed a fresh 1.6.13 arduino via the exe version. and tried the run as admin.. no luck.
could try rebooting the tablet and see if that helps

IDE 1.6.13 and TD_1.32b1 running fine on my Win 10 machine. Fresh unzip to a new larger SSHD on my old laptop

Hello Paul,

Teensy 3.6 looks very nice. I will hope that i can test it soon. But i have one question:
I have installed Arduino IDE 1.6.13 and after that i installed TD 1.32 B1 but i did not see Teensy 3.6 under the Teensy Boards. Is that normal?
How can i program the Teensy?

2016-11-28 14_44_34-Unbenannt - Paint.png

Thanks for your great work.
Greetings Stefan

That does not look correct, are you sure you are running the new IDE with Teensyduino installed?

Should look more like:
Teensyduino-screen.jpg

What type of computer and OS? Open up "About Arduino" menu item and see which versions you are running

Hey, thanks:
2016-11-28 14_59_15-sketch_nov28a _ Arduino 1.6.13.png

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]

Computer is no special type. I build it on my own. Asus Mainboard, Geforce Card, SSD, I7 and so on....

Not sure what happened, hopefully Paul might.

If it were me, I would probably try:

a) Look at the boards.txt file to see if it looks correct (where you installed Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\boards.txt) and see what is in it.
Code:
menu.usb=USB Type
menu.speed=CPU Speed
menu.keys=Keyboard Layout

teensy36.name=Teensy 3.6
teensy36.upload.maximum_size=1048576
teensy36.upload.maximum_data_size=262144
teensy36.upload.tool=teensyloader
teensy36.upload.protocol=halfkay
teensy36.build.board=TEENSY36

b) try again. Download Teensyduino again, make sure Arduino is not running (maybe right after reboot) and run Teensyduino again....

c) Make sure I did not have something screwy setup. Like not sure what would happen if you had an old copy of Teensyduino installed at some place like:
(my documents)\Arduino\Hardware\teensy ...

When looking at someone asking about making stuff with Arduino IDE, I looked at the makefile:

And wonder if:
Code:
# options needed by many Arduino libraries to configure for Teensy 3.0
OPTIONS += -D__$(MCU)__ -DARDUINO=10600 -DTEENSYDUINO=121
If the TEENSYDUINO version should be updated in the makefile

If I understand correctly, the Reset signal is not needed any more. Is that correct?

Correct, I removed the reset signal code. I also adopted Adafruit's Ethernet.init(pin) extension, so it can hopefully be compatible with more types of hardware.

W5200 without hardware reset is questionable. The problem is W5200 doesn't restart its SPI state machine when CS goes low. So if it hears "garbage" or you simple stop using it (like uploading new code), it can believe it's in the middle of a long transfer and it ends up ignoring more SPI communication you send later.

I'm considering extending init to something like Ethernet.init(pin, pin), where the 2nd optional pin would be for reset. Still undecided on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back