Teensy & PureData: Difficulties reading Teensy 3.2 Pins in PureData

Status
Not open for further replies.

321lupo

Hi everybody!
I have searched this Forum and the Internet for a while now and haven't managed to find an answer to my problem.
In my experience PJRC rocks though, and people were always able to help me solve a problem here, so here I go:

I am trying to connect Teensy 3.2 to PureData. For now via USB Serial.
The communication has to go both ways since I will use the Teensy to send sensor data to the Laptop, turn it into MIDI and light
messages and send it back to the controllers. Later this whole thing will have to run on Wifi, but for now I want to get it working via cable.

I installed the the last Firmdata library and put the StandardFirmdata onto the board.
PureData is programmed to read a button attached to the teensy 2 pin:

puredatatoteensy.JPG

I'm new to Puredata, but the patch should work, at least according to this tutorial at 2:44:00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEs61NCfQII
However, they use an Arduino, not a Teensy.

It seems to me that PureData connects, at least it says that Comport 4 is open when the Teensy is plugged in
and gives an error when I detach the board. However, I don't know why it doesn't read Pin 2 (nor any of the other pins).
Do you know why it doesn't work?

Additionally, a more general question:
Can you recommend a small WifiChip, that is relatively easy to setup in terms of code with teensy? Should I stick with Teensy
considering that I want to use PureData mainly? I get the feeling that it might be easier connecting to PureData with an Arduino,
simply because there seem to be more examples out there. I would prefer to stay with Teensy, but if Arduino works more easily
with PureData it might be wise to move. Any advice?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back