Power Over Ethernet Prototype Board for Teensy 3.6

johnnyfp

Just like to share my next prototype board. Ethernet Shield with POE 802.3af/at based on the LAN8742A Eternet PHY on a Teensy3.6.

The POE module is a Silvertel AG9912M supplying 12v to an onboard switch regulator to supply 5v to Teensy.

What you think!

POEPrototypeBoard.jpg

This is incredible! I'd love to build one, what are your plans for the design?

I'm 95% through building a 747 flight simulator using real parts. What we do with some of the panels (weather radar, rudder trim control, trim indicators, radio control panel, etc) is put a teensy inside with a wiznet 820io module so they become self contained ethernet devices. We currently supply power separately (5V at 1-2A) but just having 1 ethernet cable instead would be awesome.

Just like to share my next prototype board. Ethernet Shield with POE 802.3af/at based on the LAN8742A Eternet PHY on a Teensy3.6.

The POE module is a Silvertel AG9912M supplying 12v to an onboard switch regulator to supply 5v to Teensy.

What you think!

I'm very interested

Planning on putting it on my shop for purchase in the near future. The Plans will be open source. Currently, I'm testing them (them! I've only made one) and also want to get a fully working IP stack for it. I'm also working on a Node JS version of the stack based on the Espruino.

The prototype shown is a prototype with a few minor design defects, so getting a new board spun up. If you would like to see something added to it. Now is the time to ask.

In the pipeline is a 5v POE supply version (1.8A output capable) but the POE modules are not available till mid to end march. So currently there is an onboard switchmode regulator but that can only supply 600ma. So your 1-2A will have to come from an alternative DC-DC converter powered from the onboard 12v breakout pad underneath.

Yeah, They are available on a hand made version as my PnP Machine is still not fully functional.

Current Price USD$104+shipping. This is for the 12v Non-isolated version. There is up to 2week lead time on this, depending on quantities required.

Cheers.

The shop looks more than a little bare, are you still offering these, I think its a great idea for remote monitoring & control

Yep. But they are currently hand built.

Shop is in the process of a revamp. Just a matter of priorities at the moment. Currently sorting out my PnP machine so I can get the price down.

I'm interested in where this goes. I've been looking at doing something similar with the Isolated 12V supplies and a 5V switching supply for the Teensy, but including 2 CAN transceivers. I use them for building automation in large structures with CAN running at 10kbps (LT1796) on busses that can get 5000ft long (thus 12V rather than 5V). I've been holding off until the ethernet stack gets developed/tested since using an RPI+discrete POE injector+CAN works but isn't elegant . . .

No sorry, there was no viable commercial interest in this product so we shelved the product.

I am sorry too hear that.

I am gonna work on a IoT project, so i need a PoE module. Is it possible if i can get your schematic, design or anything related to it? If its ok.

Back