Suggestion: Not so teensy

cbmeeks

This has probably been mentioned before, but some of us would like to see the Teensy 3.6 not so "teensy".

Meaning, being able to access all pins (front and back).

Heck, I wouldn't even care if it didn't fit in a breadboard if I could just get access to all pins without using wires on the bottom or spring loaded pins. Even if there was a new layout that was more square than rectangle.

Not all of us are building quad-copters or microscopic robot overlords. :)

There aren't going to be any other form factors of these boards. Well, at least not made by PJRC.

Sometime "soon" I will be updating the pre-programmed KL02 and KL04 chips, and I'm also going to update the early beta board design and publish it as a shared OSH Park board for reference. Those will enable anyone to create their own PCB designs.

I know this can seem rigid on my part, but the reality is PJRC is a tiny company. On average, people buy on average 2 pieces (of *all* Teensy). The volume of Teensy production just isn't huge. We try really hard to keep the prices reasonable, which just isn't easy for something made in the USA in modest quantity. Splitting that moderate volume with multiple form factors would be absolutely terrible for the price of all versions.

Back