Teensy Convolution SDR (Software Defined Radio)

I often lower the CPU freq to 240MHz and get a saving of something like 50mA !

Oh, you can lower the speed:
Code:
  CCM_ANALOG_PFD_528_SET = (val << 16);
The formula is: 528MHz * 18 / val (for 0x010 = 594 MHz)

However, the code above does not adjust the CPU-Voltage, and if you use lower Speeds, it's possible to reduce the voltage - The original code to set the clock does this - maybe copy the code from there.

Frank: I suspect your main interest is to improve WFM radio reception. I will be experimenting with the AD8331 as a VHF variable gain preamp in the next weeks with exactly your aim in mind and will report back my experiences. But RF experiments can be tedious, so do not expect quick results (especially as the AD8331 has 0.5mm pin spacing . . .) ;-).

* now disconnect the 50 Ohms and connect a signal with constant level to the input of the QSD
Is it ok to just use analogWriteFrequency(some MHz) on a T4-Pin? I'd add a capacitor and connect it to the antenna-in. It's not AM then, but silence is beautiful, too if there is no noise in the background :)

WFM: Partly, I like to hear the foreign stations on 30..41m (49m does not work for me, with the current antenna) - some of them have a program in German language. - I want to add RDS for FM, but my main goal..some day.. is some MHZ higher. However I don't need to think about that If I cant receive UKW ( FM ) noise free.
BTW, I've modfied the filter on the AD PCM1808 a bit more - that helped!, but adding more bandwidth there makes no sense.
I've replaced the R6 470OHM with 1K (Seems to be a little bit better (1 db less) - tomorrow i'll try 4k7 I'm curious if that makes a difference.).

Apart from dBm - Why do I hear much noise with shorted Antenna-Input - What is the source for the noise, if it's not the preAmp? It's not the circuit after that... (and the AGC is always the same... ;) )

Last edited:
Is it ok to just use analogWriteFrequency on a T4-Pin? I'd add a capacitor.

WFM: Partly, I like to hear the foreign stations on 30..41m (49m does not work for me, with the current antenna) - some of them have a program in German language. - I want to add RDS for FM, but my main goal..some day.. is some MHZ higher. However I don't need to think about that If I cant receive UKW ( FM ) noise free.
BTW, I've modfied the filter on the AD PCM1808 a bit more - that helped!, but adding more bandwidth there makes no sense.

probably, if you can ensure that the signal level is somehow constant.

49m: can you receive a station on 5970kHz right now? And how about 6110kHz? If you do not receive CRI on 6020, something is wrong.

5970kHz : nothing. High noise level, -55.4dBm
6110kHz: Nothing.

7415kHz: Perfect . almost like UKW should be :) (I mean noise-free - quality is of course not as good )) . -29dBm.

I have a really strong signal on 9420 kHz now, too. Noise-free. Seems to be Greek? -25dBm. No Noise. Like cellphone :)
So strong that it clips.

Edit:Ah sorry, RF Gain was set to manual and maximum. Set it back to "auto".
7.325kHZ now very good. -35dBm.

23:20 A weak Signal on 6.100 - Turkish? -45dBm.
23:21 6.070 English. Some christian church stuff I don't need to hear. -40dBm
23:22 5.940: Islam stuff I don't need to hear, 41dBm - 5.930 the same (?)

Last edited:
Strange things are going on..
Well, on BCK is a great signal, without changing anything :) 100kHz samplerate gives 6.4 MHz.
Well.. i was playing with that - with a _short_wire as Antenna. 15cm. At 5945 kHz I can hear Radio Rumania now... a bit weak, but I can hear the voice clearly. again: 15cm Antenna(?) ~1800km? WTF?

Hello ,
thank you for your work on the teensy convolution sdr, i will try to make your editing with a teensy 4, i previously installed teensyduino 1.4 but it seems not to appear in the teensy list, i don't speak english and use a translator

bonjour et merci de votre reponse

en francais

bonjour ,
merci pour votre travail sur le sdr teensy convolution , je vais essayer de realiser votre montage avec un teensy 4 , j'ai prealablement installer teensyduino 1.4 mais il semble ne pas apparaitre dans la liste des teensy , je parle pas l'anglais et utilise un translator

deepL trad

Hello,
thank you for your work on the sdr teensy convolution, I will try to make your editing with a teensy 4, I have previously installed teensyduino 1.4 but it seems not to appear in the list of teensy, I do not speak English and use a translator.

Hello all together,

first want to thank you for the great project, it is fascinating.
I plan to pull everything together using Elector SDR board and Teensy 4.0 with the Teensy 4.0 audio shield, but I got a bit confused with the program.

Where in the code can select if it is used Teensy audio board(SGTL5000) or ADC PCM1808 and DAC PCM5102a?

from the previous comments (post 229) in this thread I understood that the configuration is done with ADC PCM1808 and DAC PCM5102a

On other side from the piece of code:
line 195:
#define HARDWARE_DD4WH_T4

and
line 1114
#if (!defined(HARDWARE_DD4WH_T4))
AudioControlSGTL5000 sgtl5000_1;
#endif

I couldn't see the usage of ADC PCM1808 and DAC PCM5102a.

Thank you in advance for the support.

Best Regards,
Tihomir

@Renzo: maybe you can be a little more specific with your question. I am sorry I cannot help with the current version of your question as in post #310

@Tihomir: you are right, it is a bit cryptic and not readily useable with T4 & Teensy audio board.
HARDWARE_DD4WH_T4 means: T4 plus ADC PCM1808 & DAC5102

So, you should comment that #define out
and make your own #define for your hardware (maybe you have some specific pin connections) and your audio shield
You are already on the right track, try to find all the ifs for that #define and insert something like:
#if defined(HARDWARE_SGTL5000)
#else
#endif
To add on this: the PCM1808 & PCM5102a do not normally need any software intervention, thus you will not find any specific code for those two external components. I am just ensuring that the SGTL5000 is not being searched for by the program, thus I inserted those #if (defined blabla)

Thank you very much for the fast answer,
as soon as my boards arrive will try it and will give a feedback.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a problem when compiling . I think one file is missing or not the good one ??

I get this :
extern const float32_t sinTable_f32[FAST_MATH_TABLE_SIZE + 1];
'FAST_MATH_TABLE_SIZE' was not declared in this scope

And that in : arm_common_tables.h

Thanks for help

Xtian

Hi,
I have a problem when compiling . I think one file is missing or not the good one ??

I get this :
extern const float32_t sinTable_f32[FAST_MATH_TABLE_SIZE + 1];
'FAST_MATH_TABLE_SIZE' was not declared in this scope

And that in : arm_common_tables.h

Thanks for help

Xtian

No answer ... A bit strange .. :rolleyes:

So I may have to explain my target :

A TFT screen with spectrum and waterfall . Only this part .
Connect it after first mixer in the FT817 .. And have the possibility to change the bin/hz .

I do that with a converter with I_Q output + Spectrum Lab . But unusable in portable conditions .

So as you understand there are too much fonctions in Convolution software ...

Did that with the old software before " Convolution " and I need to adapt "Convolution " for my purpose ..

So now you know quite about my task.

Best Regards ( or 73 as you like ! )

Xtian

@Xtian: which Teensy? which Arduino version? which Teensyduino version? Its hard to guess that.

If you are using T3.6:

Did you follow the given instruction to manually install ALL the CMSIS files to the right places?

@Xtian: which Teensy? which Arduino version? which Teensyduino version? Its hard to guess that.

If you are using T3.6:

Did you follow the given instruction to manually install ALL the CMSIS files to the right places?

Hi Frank ,

Thanks for answer ...

Tennesy 3.6
Arduino :1.8.12
Teensyduino : last version 1.51

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh I am not quite sure ..... May be forgot last ( F ) line ....

I'll verify .

Thanks !!

Hi Frank ,

Thanks for answer ...

Tennesy 3.6
Arduino :1.8.12
Teensyduino : last version 1.51

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh I am not quite sure ..... May be forgot last ( F ) line ....

I'll verify .

Thanks !!

Hi All
Again me ...

Did all vérifs ..
All seems to be OK , but can't compile ...

Get this error :
Linking everything together...
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -O2 -Wl,--gc-sections,--relax,--defsym=__rtc_localtime=1587740528 "-TC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\cores\\teensy3/mk66fx1m0.ld" -lstdc++ -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -o "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546/Cricri_Convolution_SDR.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\sketch\\font_Arial.c.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\sketch\\Cricri_Convolution_SDR.ino.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\sketch\\ILI9341_t3.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\memcpy_audio.S.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\data_spdif.c.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\data_ulaw.c.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\data_waveforms.c.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\data_windows.c.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\analyze_fft1024.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\analyze_fft256.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\analyze_notefreq.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\analyze_peak.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\analyze_print.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\analyze_rms.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\analyze_tonedetect.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\control_ak4558.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\control_cs42448.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\control_cs4272.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\control_sgtl5000.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\control_tlv320aic3206.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\control_wm8731.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_bitcrusher.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_chorus.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_combine.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_delay.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_delay_ext.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_envelope.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_fade.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_flange.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_freeverb.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_granular.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_midside.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_multiply.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_reverb.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\effect_waveshaper.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\filter_biquad.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\filter_fir.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\filter_variable.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_adc.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_adcs.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_i2s.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_i2s2.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_i2s_quad.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_pdm.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_tdm.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\input_tdm2.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\mixer.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_adat.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_dac.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_dacs.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_i2s.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_i2s2.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_i2s_quad.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_mqs.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_pt8211.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_pt8211_2.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_pwm.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_spdif.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_spdif2.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_spdif3.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_tdm.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\output_tdm2.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\play_memory.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\play_queue.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\play_sd_raw.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\play_sd_wav.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\play_serialflash_raw.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\record_queue.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\spi_interrupt.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_dc.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_karplusstrong.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_pinknoise.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_pwm.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_simple_drum.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_sine.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_tonesweep.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_waveform.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_wavetable.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\synth_whitenoise.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\utility\\sqrt_integer.c.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Audio\\utility\\imxrt_hw.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SPI\\SPI.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SD\\File.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SD\\SD.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SD\\utility\\Sd2Card.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SD\\utility\\SdFile.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SD\\utility\\SdVolume.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SerialFlash\\SerialFlashChip.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\SerialFlash\\SerialFlashDirectory.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Time\\DateStrings.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Time\\Time.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Wire\\Wire.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Wire\\WireIMXRT.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Wire\\WireKinetis.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Wire\\utility\\twi.c.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Metro\\Metro.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Bounce\\Bounce.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Si5351\\si5351.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\Encoder\\Encoder.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546\\libraries\\EEPROM\\EEPROM.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546/core\\core.a" "-LC:\\Users\\cricr\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_881546" -larm_cortexM4lf_math -lm
C:\Users\cricr\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_881546\sketch\ILI9341_t3.cpp.o: In function `SPIClass::endTransaction()':

C:\Users\cricr\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_881546\sketch/ILI9341_t3.cpp:1373: undefined reference to `glcdfont'

C:\Users\cricr\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_881546\sketch\ILI9341_t3.cpp.o: In function `ILI9341_t3::waitTransmitComplete(unsigned long)':

C:\Users\cricr\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_881546\sketch/ILI9341_t3.h:470: undefined reference to `glcdfont'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

So, One question : In which Directory install the software before compiling ??

Tried : C:/Arduino and C: /user/__ /Documents /Arduino ......... With bad results ..
I come from hardware world , not software as you see ....

Regards Xtian

Hello all,

as I promised here is the feedback. I got everything working together.

20200425_134441_Т.jpg

As you can see the RF part in my setup is almost missing (the Elektor SDR shiled is very basic).
In general the main target is to interface the setup with Msi001 chip, it is showing to be very potent and having very wide range
The idea is to rework one of this:
s-l1600.jpg

It is clear that the interface and the serving functions have to be majorly reworked (the Msi001 is using SPI).
As you are more deep in to the software, do you think is it feasible?

Best regards,
Tisho

I've been following this thread with great interest ...( this is fantastic work , and a lot of brainpower applied!) I'm in the process of ordering an SDR "front end"..(as a kit to build) .. and hopefully can build up the Teensy backend to support it ...
My last 16 years I've been programming in C# .. and have not worked in c or C++ since about 2000 ..hopefully it will all come back ...

I do have a few questions regarding demodulation .. is there an FM narrowband (16KHz) DSP Demodulator scene/script? .. regrettably my math/programming skills are not up to the challenge to code it myself.

Is this version working with the Teensy 4.0 rev D audio board? .. I see references for external A/D and D/A devices .. and I checked GitHub ... just need some clarification..
( ignore the above line .. I just read the post about audio about 10 posts up ..)..

Thanks everyone .. Great Job!! Great Project!!

Back