ST7735_t3: experimenting supporting multiple busses

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtE

Senior Member+
Since it tuned out my 3 cheap ILI9163C displays turned out to be ST7735... displays, I thought I would play around with Paul's version of the ST7735_t3 library.

I decide to make a version using my SPIN library, which allows me to easily support the multiple SPI busses of the new boards, plus it has the code in place to say if different pins are valid for MOSI and SCK and CS... So did not have to reproduce that.

Since I was hacking it up to be using SPIN, I removed the ARM and AVR code, as after all the _t3 I think usually implies for Teensy 3.X. But I am also hacking it to still support TLC.

While doing this, I have it using SPI transactions. Also to help support SPI1, I made the code be able to handle the case where you only have one hardware CS channel available. In this case you need to use it on the DC(A0) pin. Anyway it is still a WIP, but things appear like they are working. At least with the GraphicTest program.

T3.6:
I have tried it with: CS:10, A0:9, MOSI:11, SCK:13) - i.e. default SPI pins.
Also tried with: 5, 9, 11, 13 - Tests the code with using only 1 SPI CS pin
Also tried with 5, 31, 0, 32 - Tests SPI1 again with only one CS pin.
T3.2: with default pins...

Note: There are a few diagnostic Serial.prints still in the code, but if anyone is interested in taking a look, it is in my fork in a new branch:
https://github.com/KurtE/ST7735_t3/tree/SPIN-Version

And it requires my SPIN library which is up at: https://github.com/KurtE/SPIN

Also tested on T3.6
With 5, 55, 52, 53 - Uses SPI2 (Beta 1 board these pins on the 2x5 connector)

Next up: maybe figure out correct init for these displays as I am using the 1.8 black tab init code which gets it working but probably thinks the display has 160 pixels and we get truncation...

Also need to test TLC

Edit: It looks like this display is 128x128, but the y is shifted 32...

Last edited:
Next up: maybe figure out correct init for these displays as I am using the 1.8 black tab init code which gets it working but probably thinks the display has 160 pixels and we get truncation...

Also need to test TLC

Edit: It looks like this display is 128x128, but the y is shifted 32...
Hi Kurt,

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread. I've been playing with the same display combined with T3.1 and your breakoutboard. The display work ok but as you mentioned the Y is shifted 32 and the Teensy/Adafruit ST7735 driver doesn't support 128. But the Adafruit driver on github does support 128x128 by defining the INITR_144GREENTAB https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-ST7735-Library. Still it is shifted 32.
Not sure if anyone figured out a way to fix this?

Hi Zenta, I have not played with it for awhile. I think I had something slightly working, but I am really rusty on it...

I will try to see what I have, but may take me a bit to setup again...

Thanks for your reply Kurt!
The simple solution so far is to add 32..

I'm playing with the display to be used on a new diy remote. :)

Hi Kare,

I have one of the displays setup again, Did some testing and I uploaded the offset change I had locally for these boards...

I am using the INITR_144GREENTAB setup on the SPIN branch...

I think it fixed my offset issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back