Teensy LC with fastLED and AP102 - not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeley

Have Arduino 1.65 and Teensy 1.32 installed. Trying to use the fastLED blink example on a strip of 50 APA102 Leds. The strip and code work perfectly
on an Arduino, but on a Teensy LC all I get is the first LED flashing on/off blue.
Whats more my 'scope has died(argh!!) so can't probe signals at the moment .

TIA

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm using a level shifter for the data line which seems to work ok. APA102 need clock and data so 2 pins not just pin 17. I've fixed my scope
and can see the clock pin is not working. Pin 17 does not generate 5v - with nothing connected its a weedy a 2v pulse.(duff LC?)

This makes no sense to me:
"A 74LV1T125 buffer is connected to pin 17, with the increased output voltage available on another pin."
what other pin??

What are the best pins on the LC for Clock/data? Usually with the Arduino it doesn't matter.

This makes no sense to me:
"A 74LV1T125 buffer is connected to pin 17, with the increased output voltage available on another pin."
what other pin??.
Read it as:
"A 74LV1T125 buffer is connected to pin 17, with the higher output voltage (5v) as on any other pin (3.3v)."

Are you looking at standard pin 17 or the one on the end of the board, which is the one that is level shifted

Right, perhaps the schematic helps ?
schematic_lc.gif

Last edited:
Thanks - that makes more sense. However its still doesn't work. Clock or Data or something is messed up.

I'll stick with an Arduino for this as it works perfectly.

LC+fastLED+APA102 is a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back