Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensyduino 1.33 Beta #2 Available

Teensyduino 1.33 Beta #2 Available

Here is a second beta test for Teensyduino 1.33.

This version attempts to fix a serious bug in version 1.32 which prevents uploading sketches.

Old beta download links removed. Please use the latest version:
    https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Changes since Teensyduino 1.33-beta1:

• Fix first-use communication error between Arduino & Teensy Loader

I can confirm that the problem from 1.33-beta1 (error on first-use) is fixed in my setup.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Confirmed here as well (same setup as kophi though, on mac, T3.2, A1.6.13). Thanks for working on this!

Thank you Paul, this solved the compiler error problems (MacBook Pro macOS 10.11.6).

Paul, I can confirm 1.33-Beta2 works with Teensy 3.2 under Windows 10 - Arduino1.6.13 and vMicro/VS.

Thank you so much - Glenn

Looks like this fixed the trouble.

I'm going to do another round of testing here tomorrow, and then release this as 1.33... unless I discover any problems, or anyone reports any more issues.

If anyone sees anything wrong, please please please speak up ASAP.

This worked for me as well. For completeness the log is attached.
    teensy_reboot_log.txt

I've released Teensyduino 1.33. There were no substantial changes after 1.33-beta2.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

This 1.33 release is mainly to fix the bug with first-time upload errors from Arduino.

I ran into an issue installing Teensyduino on my Windows 10 64 bit Arduino 1.6.13... I get error messages like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TeensyduinoInstallError.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	9152
    I tried with the current one 1.33 as well as the current one here and get this error.

I tried rebooting, I deleted the old Arduino and unzipped a new 1.6.13 to c:\ tried running as Admin... Will try to download fresh copies again...

I had that error while installing 1.13b2 but I had forgotten to kill a T3.6 project that I had open in the IDE. Killed it, started again, all OK.

Pete

This time I tried it again, with a freshly downloaded Arduino IDE, I just rebooted, then unzipped the Arduino IDE to c:\ and then tried running the Teensyduino, same error...

Maybe should try on another machine... Will try later, now getting ready for company...

Edit: I also tried installing Arduino in my Documents folder and rerun the Teensyduino... Failed there too.

At times like this I wonder if 1.6.13 now is the same 1.6.13 when it was released
    Last edited by KurtE; 12-14-2016 at 04:47 PM.

I ran the TD_1.33b2 install over my prior 1.6.13 install with no problems with TD install

BTW. I install Arduino/Teensyduino on a SSD. I start by unzipping the Arduino stuff and that goes really fast. Up until recently, the Teensyduino install was really slow. But 1.33 installs MUCH faster than previous versions.
    Excellent

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
    This time I tried it again, with a freshly downloaded Arduino IDE, I just rebooted, then unzipped the Arduino IDE to c:\ and then tried running the Teensyduino, same error...

Maybe should try on another machine... Will try later, now getting ready for company...

Edit: I also tried installing Arduino in my Documents folder and rerun the Teensyduino... Failed there too.

At times like this I wonder if 1.6.13 now is the same 1.6.13 when it was released
    Update: I think it is the Virus detector must have changed. I turned McAfee real time scanning off for 15 minutes and was able to update the two directories that failed earlier

Quote Originally Posted by el_supremo View Post
    But 1.33 installs MUCH faster than previous versions.
    Oh, yeah... I made a couple little improvements to the installer. Should speed things up on Mac and Windows. Linux was already very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Oh, yeah... I made a couple little improvements to the installer.
    Woah really fast, damn.