Starting PMBus library for Teensy with i2c_t3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboyes

A huge thanks to nox711 for i2c_t3. If we ever meet a meal is on me.

I'm starting a PMBus library in support of a smart power supply which uses it.
https://github.com/systronix/Systronix_LCM300
It's crude and barely started but at least I can read ascii strings such as the MFR_ID. There are so many errors in the power supply documentation it's nuts. I'll submit corrections back to Artesyn. Their tech support has been great once you figure how to reach them, and the supply is awesome: I took one apart and was impressed with the construction. 300 Watts 24 VDC with a smart interface for about $100, with super efficiency (active PFC, etc), long MTBF, etc. We are planning to use these where they need to run 24/7 for at least 10 years. I'm in midst of an extensive test of the supply and will post links to that when complete.

I found little in a search of "Arduino PMBus", other than Linear Technologies Linduino and PM library which didn't really fit my needs: which include working on Teensy 3.2+ and based on i2c_t3.

I'm trying to make the library as general and re-usable as possible with decent documention. I barely have a start but this is my #1 priority at the moment so I wanted to post this in hopes it might be useful to anyone else especially if you want to collaborate. There are links to documentation in the .cpp file header now.

best regards
Bruce Boyes

I would be interested in linking from the i2c_t3 GitHub site to your library when you get it working. I've always wanted to get SMBus and PMBus support included in i2c_t3 but I've never had time to pursue it. I'll subscribe this thread to keep track of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back